Thread: Windows 7 x64 and Bluetooth headset: Adding the device failed resulting in an unknown error. 0x80004005’

Windows 7 x64 and Bluetooth headset: Adding the device failed resulting in an unknown error. 0x80004005’

I am getting following error message when I am trying to add Bluetooth Headset on the computer of mine. The error message can be stated as follows. ‘Adding the device failed resulting in an unkown error. 0x80004005’ well I have installed Windows 7 x64 on the computer of mine. can anyone help me out how can I fix the problem of mine? I am waiting for the prompt replies of yours. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Windows 7 x64 and Bluetooth headset: Adding the device failed resulting in an unknown error. 0x80004005’

I am asking some questions to you so that I can let you further troubleshooting steps to fix the problem of yours. Let me know which Bluetooth headset you are supposed to using? Can you provide me the name of the manufacturer of headset? Let me know the version of the drivers which you have installed on the computer of yours? I am asking for the curiosity from when you are getting this particular problem?

Re: Windows 7 x64 and Bluetooth headset: Adding the device failed resulting in an unknown error. 0x80004005’

Well looking at the matter of yours I am providing following steps which you can use to fix the problem of yours. I am suggesting that you should attempt add Bluetooth headset manually.
    • You have to go for Add a Device from the Bluetooth icon.
    • Now you have to turn on the Bluetooth headset.
    • You need to press on the button which is located at the bottom of Bluetooth headset. You will find that device is added in the list of the device.
    • Now you have to choose the device and add the same.

I think you need to remove and reinstall the device on the computer of yours.
    1. You have to click on the Start button and go for control Panel.
    2. Now click on Hardware and Sound, and go for Bluetooth Devices.
    3. Now click on the Add button and click on My device is set up and ready to be found and click on the Next.
    4. You have to click on Next button if device is found by the computer.
    Use the instruction which are provided by the wizard.

I am providing some registry solution to fix the problem of yours. you need to launch registry editor on the computer of yours.
    • You have to click on the Start button and type regedit and press enter from the keyboard.
    • Now browse for the following registry keys on the computer of yours.
    Code:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Widcomm\BTConfig\Devices\00:18:16:40:21:bb
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Widcomm\BTConfig\Devices\00:18:16:40:21:bb
    Once you have found the above mentioned registry key you need to delete the same from the computer. Once you have deleted restart the computer of yours. I am hoping that it will help you to fix the problem.

When you are trying to add Bluetooth device then you should consider the following points.
    • You should add Bluetooth Adapter on the computer of yours. I mean you should connect the device with USB port.
    • There are two things you should consider.
    • You have to turn on the device and make it discoverable so that your computer can find it.
    If all the above motioned conditions are meeting then only you can meet the requirement of yours.

I am suspecting that this particular problem is associated with drivers of the Bluetooth device. Well I recommend that you should visit the website of the manufacturer device and download the latest driver on the computer of yours. Once you have downloaded you should installed the same on the compute of yours. After installing drivers you need to restart the computer. Let me know what happens after installing the drivers on the computer of yours.