Thread: Windows 7: TWAIN drivers for HP scanning application

Windows 7: TWAIN drivers for HP scanning application

I am having a HP Scanjet 7450C scanner, this is running with windows Vista OS, it is running correctly under the Device Manager. For the scanning I am using three interfaces which are named as VueScan, Nuance's Paperport, the scanner is not running properly with the third interface, which is TWAIN. This flashes an error message whenever I tried to run with this interface, that the scanner is not detected. What should be the cause of this problem? Is there any other interface which is alternate of the TWAIN, where I can easily run the scanned application. Any input about this will be appreciated greatly.

Re: Windows 7: TWAIN drivers for HP scanning application

As per my opinion, I think the problem is occurring for the scanner driver, for that I suggest you to try once by reload the driver from device, insert they driver installation disk into CD ROM drive, now ping to the device manager and from there open the printer and scanner tab, now right click on the driver name and choose the update option, select recommended advanced option, it will direct you to run the installation process, browse and locate the installation file, terminate the installation and wait till the process completes, along with this make sure that the scanned is unplugged from your system during this process. try this, I hope it will somehow help you to resolve the issue.

According o me the TWAIN scanner interface for your scanner is not responding for the installed file missing, though the scanner is running with the other interfaces, then it also need to run with the other interface, and whether this is not running for this I suggest you to try once by reinstall the interface, remove the earlier one mad along with this also remove the installed files from the windows temporary folder and from the registry editor. Now proceed for the fresh installation, I hope it will surely help you to overcome from the problem.

IS the TWAIN driver, is installed properly. Though in some of the scanner interface driver are needed to compatible with the operating system for that fist of all ping to the device manager and from there make sure that the TWAIN driver is running ok when the scanner is plugged with your system. Along with this also make sure that other two interfaces are not collaborating with the TWAIN process. I recommend you to update the TWAIN driver firmware, download the latest version of the firmware from the developer web site and install into your system. now reboot your system and the problem will e solved.

If you are willing to change the TWAIN scanner interface in your system then I recommend you to go for the Documalis Free Scanner, it is a free document scanning, this interface provide a simple and friendly interface like Microsoft application, it is compatible with any scanner attuned with Twain or other interface. Scanned documents can be previewed on screen and then transformed to PDF, JPEG, BMP, PNG or TIFF if you wish. This interface also manages scanning in both sides, and provides a function to detect and delete blank pages automatically or manually, for flipping or replacing pages scanned.

According to your post if you are looking for the network related scanner interface, then look for this information’s. The application is known as Scanmetender, it is a usual with multifunctional port scanner that can exhibit the open ports. The Standard Terms Scanmetender is adjustability, ease of use and functionality. Scanmetender standard supports both the TCP and UDP protocol. The program is multilingual and customizable to any design. Scanmetender Standard uses the *. Slp (Scanmetender language pack) format.

FreePortScanner is a small service scans fast, easy to utilize, dependable and very expedient for Windows 32 platforms. Within a few second, it scans the ports on your machine to see which ones is open, which is closed. This tool applies for TCP packets to find accessible hosts and open ports, this examine related with port and other important characteristics. FreePortScanner is considered as a user-friendly interface and easy to use.