Thread: Windows 7: Files are automatically get selected and Links are opened by hovering Mouse

Windows 7: Files are automatically get selected and Links are opened by hovering Mouse

I am having a strange issue and I am unable to figure out the issue. I have installed Windows 7 on the computer of mine. Whenever I hover the mouse on any files or the folders it automatically gets selected even I am not selecting the same. Same thing happens when I am browsing on the Internet. I am simply redirected to another web page just because I have hovered the mouse on the link. Please help me out from this particular situation. I am waiting for the prompt replies of yours. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Windows 7: Files are automatically get selected and Links are opened by hovering Mouse

Well you told me which operating system you have installed and all about the problem of yours. However you have not provided anything regarding the system specification of your computer. Let me know about which Mouse which you are using that is manufacture of the mouse. Whether it is PS2 or USB? Do you have done any hardware or software changes on the computer of yours? Finally tell me from when you are facing this particular problem?

Re: Windows 7: Files are automatically get selected and Links are opened by hovering Mouse

I think you need to disable the option which Activate a window by hovering over it with the mouse. You have to use the following steps to do the same.
    • You have to click on the Start button and go for Control Panel.
    • Now click on the Ease of Access and go for Ease of Access Center. Now you have to select Make the mouse easier to use.
    • You will find number of option in a resulting windows and click on the Activate a window by hovering over it with the mouse option. Deselect the same.

I am having a particular solution which you can apply to fix the problem of yours.
    1. You have to click on the Mouse Properties and click on the Device Settings from the resulting window.
    2. Now click on the Settings and click on Tapping.
    3. Now you have to simply uncheck the Enable Tapping checkbox.
    4. This will fix the problem of yours. Well this particular problem worked for me I recommend the same and try it.

I have this problem with the many of windows user and I have done little bit research work on the same. Well I am providing following solution which you can apply to fix the problem.
    • Launch the Windows Explorer on the computer. You will get the option from Organize.
    • You have to click on the Arrow and click on the Folder and search options.
    • A new window will pop up on the screen and click on General. Well you have to click on Double click to open an item radio button.
    • I think above mentioned steps will fix the problem of yours.

I think this particular problem is associated with the drivers of the computer of yours. I think you should update the drivers from Device Manager.
    • You have to click on the Control Panel and click on the System. Now go for the Device Manager.
    • You have to expand mice and other pointing devices. You have to right click on it and click on update drivers.
    • This will install latest divers on the computer of yours. I am hoping that it will help you to fix the problem of yours.

Looking at the situation I am suspecting that this problem is occurring on the computer of yours due to virus attack. Let me know whether there is any antivirus software on your computer. You should install good antivirus software on the computer and update the same. Now run a virus scan using the antivirus software. Once it is completed you should restart the computer. Let me know antivirus helped you to fix the problem of yours.