Thread: Need to make partition size bigger without formatting the drive

Need to make partition size bigger without formatting the drive

Good Morning all my friends this is my first post on this forum and I would expect that I will get all the necessary information regarding the query that I am going to ask. The problem is that I have got a hard disk from a friend of mine years ago and I have been using it since the time I have brought I had formatted the hard disk and installed the Windows Xp on the D drive but now I am looking to get more space on the other partition that is C drive as during that time I randomly gave any space to both the partition and ended up giving more space to the C drive, so I am having some problems when it comes to using the D drive to get the data. I would not want to format the system again, as I don’t have any kind of backup facility available and so I would want to increase the size of the drive without formatting, anyone having any suggestion please do reply.

Re: Need to make partition size bigger without formatting the drive

Hey friend I don’t think so that there is any kind of facility available so as directly resize the partition of the disk, inorder to resize which ever partition or the drive you will definitely have to format the whole hard disk with the help of the Windows Xp installation CD and from there you will have to do the regular options that you follow and when it prompts to make the partition than you will have to allocate as much size as you want to have on both the drive and then move forward with the installation of the Windows Xp operating system, I hope that you understand what I am trying to say.

Although I haven’t tried it out but I believe is that you can manage the disk space through the disk management options that is available within the system. To do this you will have to Right click on My computers and then click on Manage. Once you click on the Manage option you will have to look for Disk Management options, on finding it click that option and on the right hand side of the windows you will get various options through which you can choose to resize the disk drives. Since I haven’t used the same so don’t know exactly which is the exact options there but I think you should give it a try and see if you can get the hard disk formatted.

Dude even I feel the same as there is no other way through which you can carry out the formatting of the disk through the internal functions of the computer system. I think that this can only be made possible with the installation CD. So I think that you need not waste time in doing all such things and instead should go on formatting the hard disk so as to install the windows xp again and create more extra space on the drive that you eagerly want to have.

Hey friend there is one options that is available so as to get the hard disk allocate the desired space without carrying on the formatting options that is you can resize the hard disk through using the Easeus Partition Master. Using this you can certainly carry out the allocation of the drives that are there on your hard disk. You can easily download this application and can run through the system in order to resize the hard disk. Although I haven’t used the same but a friend of mine used the application in order to resize the partition, so I cannot the exact detail of how to carry out the resize function, but I think that you will get it from somewhere else.

Hey guys I have tried it everything but still I am not able to find ways so as to get the hard disk drives resized, I have checked out in the Disk management utility but from there as well I was not able to get the option so as to resize the partition. I have even checked out and downloaded the Easeus partition master, but the thing is I don’t have any sort of idea, how to make use of this inorder to format the partition to resize the hard disk drive, so any one who has used before can please post the ideas of the same.

1. After installing the EASEUS Partition Master run the same and you will see it on the main screen.
    2. Now Select the drive that you would want to resize that is D: and Right click on it and select "Resize/Move".
    3. You will be placed with popped-up dialog box indicating the current size of D: partition. The message box also shows the memory which is in use and empty and many other options as well.
    4. Now you will have to put the mouse pointer on the left partition handle and move the handle to the partition size that you want to give to this partition of yours.
    5. When you are done with it click OK and you will see unallocated space on the right side of C: drive.
    Again what you have done earlier place the mouse pointer on the right handle of C: partition and move the handle to the partition size that you want to allocate to the device
    6. Finally click Apply and you will get the desired space that you want.