Thread: My mouse has stopped giving any response

My mouse has stopped giving any response

I have a PC and it has a USB mouse connected to it. All was fine with the mouse until something happened. For some reason the mouse on my PC stopped working. I thought that there might be some problem with the connection so I unplugged it and plugged it back in a few times but nothing seemed to work. I also tried by restarting the computer a couple of times using the power button but even that didn’t work. It has never happened before. So please reply me if anyone knows what the problem is.

Re: My mouse has stopped giving any response

I had a look at your problem and I feel that it has something to do with the mouse itself. I think that you need to check your mouse if it is properly working is not. A mouse is just a mechanical device and such devices can sometimes stop working. So it can be a reason why your mouse has stopped working. What you can do is that you can plug your mouse to some other system and check if it’s working properly or not on that system. If even over there it is giving the same problem then surely there is a issue with your mouse.

Thank you for your response. I know that they are mere mechanical devices and could go bad anytime. But I thought that there may be some kind of warning before the mouse stops working that would be flashed but nothing happened. I tried what you had told but it didn’t work. I unplugged my mouse from PC and then plugged it in my laptop to check whether it works or not. But nothing seemed to work at all the problem still persists. So I guess that there is something wrong with the mouse itself. Please let me know that can I do to solve this problem.

So the solution to your problem is simple. Actually you yourself answered to your question. There is surely something wrong with your mouse. Probably as I said before that these are mechanical devices and has a certain life period after which they die. So your mouse must be giving some internal problem .For this the best thing to do is go to a store and get a brand new mouse. I am sure that once you get it your problem will be solved. So now you don’t have to worry much about your issue.