Thread: Intel 82567 ethernet "magically" stopped

Intel 82567 ethernet "magically" stopped

Hello friend I am using Compaq desktop at my home having Intel original 865 Ethernet. Two day ago I started my computer it was working perfectly. I was able to use internet I was checking my mail and also visited my facebook account. Everything was well. I left the PC idle for 20 min. When I come back I opened orkut website it was not opening. I thought there is problem in orkut site only. But later I come to that I repeat for all web sites. My net was not working. What should I do so I can use my Internet once again?

Re: Intel 82567 ethernet "magically" stopped

As you told it suddenly stopped working. So there may be problem with your hardware. Your Intel Hardware may go bad. There may be other reason for bad internet. You should perform some troubleshooting. If your Onboard Ethernet gone bad. Not to worry, Even you can use internet connection. Buy a Ethernet cable from the market. It is cheaper.open your cabinet put this device in any of empty PCI slot. put your Ethernet cable to it. Now you can start browsing again.

Hello friend I will suggest you to before you buy new Ethernet card. Do some trouble shooting because there may the problem of software? There may be case that hardware is well and your driver for Ethernet has been corrupted. Or disabled by antivirus. Or because of some other problem. So I will suggest you to please check for software problem. Try to install driver for Ethernet first. If it does not work then only go for the new Ethernet card. And don’t forget to see the hardware from the device manager. If it detecting it means it work. Hope this will help you.

There may be the problem with ISP provider or virus also. So ping your server. Check you are getting valid IP address. Click on start button then select run option then type cmd in run window. IN the command prompt type Ipconfig /all check this also for your laptop also. Everything should be same if not it means there is problem with your internet connection not in hardware or software. Try to follow all the above troubleshooting to get rid of your problem.

Thank you very much for helping me to get rid out of this problem. There was problem with my driver. Virus has deleted my driver for the Ethernet card , sound card, When I was installing it again it does not allow me to install driver. At last I had format my Computer. My Antivirus was not able to remove that virus. My Antivirus was also close automatically. After formatting I could install driver for the Ethernet. Now I am able to use internet without any trouble.