Thread: My PC shows an error - Hard Drive not found.

My PC shows an error - Hard Drive not found.

I am having a Windows PC which used to work fine but now it has started to give some serious problems. The Windows disk is showing me some errors like boot sectors of the hard drive disk are damaged. Also it shows that the hard drive doesn’t respond to system commands. And it shows that there are bad sector on hard drive or damaged file allocation table. I am worried a lot and I cannot access my documents folder or other programs. Please help me out on this. Any kind of help would be useful to me.

Re: My PC shows an error - Hard Drive not found.

I had a look at your problem and was myself a bit confused on some things. I just need you to more clear about the problems that you are facing. When you said windows disk can you give me a better description of just what and where the warning message is coming from? Also what does it mean that the hard drive doesn’t respond to system commands? I mean what does it exactly shows? The reason why I am asking you these questions are because there is some kind of virus going around that is very similar in its behavior. So please give me answers to the questions so that it will be easy to fix the problem.

Thank you for your prompt reply. I’ll provide you with the details for what you have asked. The error message is coming from my desktop on the lower right side and when I click on it at that time it shows me a window that says windows disk. Then it asks to defrag and after I did it then it gives me another message that says it failed to fix errors. But now the critical error message isn’t showing anything. It is not showing the error that the ram memory usage is critically high. I hope this much information is enough for you to fix my problem. Please do get back to me as early as possible.

Looking at your solution I am a bit clear now on what kind of problem you must be facing. And as I had a doubt before I still feel that it’s an issue of a virus entering your system. This might be the reason why you are facing with the problem of hard drive. For this what you need to is get an anti virus installed in your PC. You can get it by visiting any antivirus website. Once you get that antivirus do a clean installation of your PC.I am sure this will help you to get rid of your problem immediately.

It really worked. I went to Kaspersky antivirus website first. From there I downloaded the latest version of antivirus. After that I started with the installation process of Kaspersky antivirus. Once this was done the windows disk stopped showing me some errors like boot sectors of the hard drive disk are damaged. Also it stopped showing that there are bad sector on hard drive or damaged file allocation table. So I am sure that it was because of the some kind of virus that had entered my PC.I would once again thank you for providing me with the solution.