Thread: Getting error message "Check printer documentation" while using Photosmart C5280

Getting error message "Check printer documentation" while using Photosmart C5280

Hello, I have a problem with my HP C5280 printer. It is stuck with the error message on it’s screen: Check printer documentation. What am I doing in order to get rid of from the same, I have tried many things but I found no explanation. I turned off to restart several times, removed and replaced the ink cartridge, to no avail. I do not see at all what I can do On the computer, the HP Solution Center I was reporting an incident cartridge, the incident affects the right cartridge. Thank you for your help!

re: Getting error message "Check printer documentation" while using Photosmart C5280

Hey do not worry about it because I have one solution for it. Actually when I was going through the same so at that time I have tried it at that time it worked in my case. And regarding it I am sure that it will also help you in order to fix your query. I own this printer, it's not actually a good product because I had problems since purchase, and now it's worse with Snow. I am deprived of half of software despite: Can not print on CD. What configuration you have? So I have trying to re-initialization and I have find out that it works. So if you want then you can go for it.

re: Getting error message "Check printer documentation" while using Photosmart C5280

Hello it did not work: I did "remove the device" for each printer and disconnect the USB cord and then restart the PC. USB cable reconnected C5280 printer power up, the error message appears on the printer before the installation of automatic pilot have begun. I thought looking old driver that does not support expiry dates ... but after this test I feel that the printer remembers the anomaly. I think that I get trapped by faulty software; now regarding the same I do not know how to fix it if anybody has better solution than it so please help me. I will be thankful for it.

I am running Mac OS X Snow Leopard
    • Before you click print you must go to file and print size
    • Adjustments: page attribute
    • Format: select the printer (in my case HP Photosmart 5280)
    • Paper Size: CD DVD 120 (or 80)
    • Press OK
    • Then click print an error message appears please disregard
    • Then choose the reverse orientation of the page
    • Then go type in paper quality: and the CD / DVD printer is clickable
    • Then click on print and it works!
    • Only catch a white border appears around 3 mm of the CD ... Why??

I am hoping that it works for you too