Thread: MAC OS X: No driver is available for hp cp1215 printer

MAC OS X: No driver is available for hp cp1215 printer

I have a MAC and no driver is available with my HP CP1215 printer. (There are only drivers for Microsoft). Here are some doubts in my mind you have solution
    • so it will be better for me if you put your suggestion over here.
    • My computer does not detect the printer.
    • Is it may be that it’s not compatible?
    • And if not what is the way that the 2 work together?
    • Thank you very much

Re: MAC OS X: No driver is available for hp cp1215 printer

Hey I have solution for the Mac OS X 10.5/10.6. If you want then you can go for this steps which I given over here:
    1. In the Terminal, type cd /etc/paths.d
    2. Type sudo pico local and enter your password.
    3. You'll Be Given a window Mostly empty Where You can type. This is the pico text editor, One Of The Simplest command line text editors. Type /usr/local/bin and do not hit Enter or Any Other extra keys.
    4. Press and hold the Control key on the keyboard. While Holding the Control key, press the 'X' key And Then let go of Both keys. Pico will ask you something like “Save modified buffer?” That's nerd-speak for “Do you want to save your file?” Press the 'Y' key to save.
    5. Restart your computer
    6. Be sure you navigate back into the foo2zjs folder with the Terminal first!

Hey I have solution for the Mac OS X 10.4 in that:
    1. In the Terminal, type cd (this puts The command line back in your home directory)
    2. Type pico .profile
    3. More than Likely, You'll Be Given a blank window Mostly. If not, hit the Enter key once to make some space, then the Up arrow key to put the cursor in the space you just made.
    4. Type export PATH=/usr/local/bin:$PATH and do not hit Enter or Any Other extra keys.
    5. Press and Hold The Key Control On The Keyboard. While holding the Control key, press the 'X' key and then let go of both keys. Pico will ask you something like “Save modified buffer?” That's nerd-speak for “Do you want to save your file?” Press the 'Y' key and then the 'Enter' key to save.
    6. Restart your computer
    7. Be sure you navigate back into the foo2zjs folder with the Terminal first!

You're very kind guys but I'm talking to an HP CP1215.Is that HP has not made a Mac driver for this printer. We do not really know why but now I'm making with this printer is not working and I'm pretty disappointed about that because HP was my favorite brand but there. I am disappointed and I understand why this driver was not created. If anyone knows why the driver that I took on this board only works in black then please suggest me: thank you for helping me.