Thread: I cannot disable SLI.

I cannot disable SLI.

In late February, I updated my video driver from 179.85 to 186.64. Everything seemed to go smoothly until I realized that while playing, the frame rates 60-19 was significantly reduced, consistent in all areas! When I realized that SLI is enabled when I upgraded the driver and still I was not able to know what was the problem. So I went into the Nvidia control panel, but to disable SLI is gray! I cannot disable it. I can disable PhysX, SLI, but no. Oh, I cannot undo my driver because it is gray and so what should I do? Should I disable one of my video cards from device manager? Do I have to manually reinstall the 179.85 drivers if I can find them? Should I upgrade to new drivers 19X.XX? Please help as I can play World of War craft award and GT raids and I have almost lag and this team has never had this problem since the property.

Re: I cannot disable SLI.

You cannot disable SLI totally at what time you have Hybrid Graphics/Hybrid SLI enable, because SLI is used to have your included and devoted video cards presented simultaneously to switch from one to the other on the fly. It is likely that run on the integrated card. Try pushing FN + F7 to switch to devoted graphics cards. You might also be in stealth mode, which is a power saving style also stop the dedicated video card and switch to integrated graphics to save power. I thing, you are capable to check the status of stealth mode through indicator Utility stealth. Press the silent mode on its strip of contact and ensure that the stealth mode is disabled. The M17x-R1 has the annoying feature that mechanically switches from Hybrid Graphics. And allow only the integrated video card to boot from the battery. It may well be that their disability dedicated video card on boot when you forgot your power cord plugged.

You have to stop integrated graphics overall if you do not require the 9400M at all. For this, restart the M17x & push F2 to enter BIOS and then go to Advanced Settings and try to set included graphics and Hybrid Graphics for stop. This will turn off Hybrid SLI and integrated video card and have only devoted video cards (in his case, two GeForce GTX 260M) active. It will also be able to put out of action SLI in the drivers if you absolutely must do for its dedicated video card. There is, however, you will need to activate before the age of hybrid graphics back into the BIOS as you may have problems

Even if people with disabilities integrated into the BIOS before, each time you boot with the battery would be automatically re-enabled, so check back. Also, if you update the BIOS since it would probably be activated too. Gizmo is right, should be the stealth mode or hybrid ON. If not - reinstall the video driver then re install it and check it once again. I told you this as per my experience may be it will help you for your problem.