Thread: My samsung ml-2525w is giving printer offline message

My samsung ml-2525w is giving printer offline message

I have recently bought a new Samsung ML-2525W laser printer and have connected it in my Macbook which is running on Mac OS X 10.6.4 through USB.When I print first job then it prints fine but after that the second job fails to print and the Print Queue gives message as Printer Offline. When I disconnect the printer and power it on again then the second job prints fine? Does anyone know why is this behaviour happening? Thanks

Re: My samsung ml-2525w is giving printer offline message

It seems like you have an issue with your printer. There are some printers that have timer settings for port connections but this is usually for the network port and not the usb port. What you can do is try a different USB port on the macbook and also a different usb cable. If you printer supports PCL or Postscript then you can also try to install a Generic driver included with your version of MAC OS X. But if the printer only supports a Samsung proprietary printer language then you will have to replace your printer by contacting Samsung support.

Re: My samsung ml-2525w is giving printer offline message

I am also facing this similar problem. I bought this printer recently and am unable to get anything to work on this printer whether wireless, ethernet or even USB, nothing works. I have now decided to remove everything and am also returning this printer. It has been just a waste of time though the printer looks good. But because of a unusable menu item which I cannot get rid of, there is no future for this printer.

If all the jobs in the Print Queue are completed then they will definitely say Completed on the left side. But when you get the Printer Offline message and then printer doesnt print then the last job before the one you want to print will quite likely be saying Printing. So, try to click on this job to highlight it and then select Delete from the Print Queue Toolbar and then this job will stay in the list but will be marked as Deleted. Now the current job should print.