Thread: HP Office jet J4680 series Printer not working wirelessly with Mac

HP Office jet J4680 series Printer not working wirelessly with Mac

I have a query to ask but I am not so sure that it is a write doubt or not. To begin with I have a Mac Book Pro with 10.4 as OS. Recently I got a printer of which is HP Office jet J4680 series. It used to work properly on my 2 Mac book Pro’s and it would work well wirelessly with Power PC .Now I got an iMac 3.06 Intel and a time capsule along with it. For that I am using a TC to get the back up for all the computers but still used BT Home for my network. But after adding this load of extra computers the printer started to act in weird manner. It stopped working wirelessly. Please can anyone help me on this?

Re: HP Office jet J4680 series Printer not working wirelessly with Mac

I had a look at your problem and I feel that your version of the operating system is giving you the problem. I am sure that this will not work on 10.4 or 10.5 OS The model of your printer that you are using is HP office jet J4680.So what you have to do is that you need to get the new version of OS.I would recommend you to get the 10.6 version of OS. Once you get the new version of OS I am sure the printer will work wirelessly. Also it will work with load of some computers. Also is the wireless printer getting detected in the router? If it isn't then try to get into the Printer directly and set it up for these new network settings.

Thanks for your prompt reply. I appreciate that you reply so quickly. I went through your solution and I am sorry I don't know what you mean by the wireless printer IP showing in the router. Can you elaborate the point a further on what I have to do? Before getting time capsule and new Intel I had the printer connected to my Power PC and the other Mac book pro's just automatically connected to the printer wirelessly through BT Home hub. But once there was the load of extra computers the printer s stopped working wirelessly.

I got your point I have to say that HP usually gives trouble while designing drivers which work properly when connected to USB .But when you connect them over a network then they fail to work. What you can do is you can find out the IP address on the Mac by going to the network pane on System Preferences. Now select ‘Airport’ for wireless as you need to run it wirelessly. Now click on the 'Advanced' button, which should be followed by clicking on the TCP/IP pane. This is what you need to follow so that the HP Office jet J4680 series Printer will work wirelessly with Mac.

I appreciate for the time you gave to provide me with the solution that is mention above. I worked on the solutions that are provided and it helped me a lot. I started with finding out the IP address on the Mac by going to the network pane on System Preferences. One thing you need to know is that the IP address of the printer would be the IP address given it by the wireless access point, and that can usually be determined by accessing the WAP's control webpage .So I followed the steps which were mentioned accordingly and it worked. Now the HP Office jet J4680 series Printer works wirelessly with Mac.

sad Re: HP Office jet J4680 series Printer not working wirelessly with Mac

Hi people! I just bought a MacBookPro and I have a Officejet J4680 series [FB8976] printer/scanner. I can print form it but I can't scan anything, a weird message keeps popping saying that the doucument feeder is empty! Someone please help me out?!!!

i this case you need to check weather you have installed all drives properly and then also if its not working you need to call the company customer care and tell him about this problem so they will come at your place and check you printer and solve it.

Thanks for your advice but I already fixed the problem. All I did was go to the apple site and downloaded a free driver to control my scanner and printer from my computer =3 So now everything is chill!