Thread: How to align wd20ears to windows 7

How to align wd20ears to windows 7

Good day to all my friends, I have brought the WD20ears hard disk a month ago on which I have aligned Windows Xp operating system and I have got the dual boot that is one with the Windows Xp and the other one with the Windows 7 operating system. But I have come to find the Windows Xp version really boring now and that I do not use it any more on my system. I am all the time inclined to the Windows 7 operating system and that is why now I would want to get this Windows 7 aligned to it so as to get the best performance on my system.

Re: How to align wd20ears to windows 7

Hey I really don’t understand what you are trying to mention by saying aligning Windows 7 operating system onto your system. You have mentioned that you don’t like to use the Windows Xp any more on your system so you completely remove the Windows Xp from your system and keep only the Windows 7 operating system as a default one, so if you really meant by this then this will certainly be the only option will be available to use at the least cost.

No friend what I am trying to say is that since when I purchased the hard disk the vendor aligned the hard disk to the Windows Xp operating system by default, so now that I don’t like to use the Windows 7 operating system as a default one, so guys can someone help to know how can I make this thing possible, the vendor from which I had brought the hard disk has gone somewhere so I don’t have any idea so that how to get the Windows 7 aligned to the hard disk as I am only inclined to it now and that this gives more better performance..

Hey there is a align tool software that can be used to align whatever operating system that you want, you can easily download the align tool from the internet through which you can make the alignment of the Windows 7 operating software to your wd20ears hard disk. Although since I haven’t tried out by myself but if can download the same and by going through the instructions by yourself can carry out the procedure that will help in aligning the software you will surely be able to get the work accomplish for you.

I don’t think so that this kind of thing possible since alignment of the operating system to the Disks is decided in Advanced Format to promise a greater use of hard drive capacity. The advantage of the useful by the users 'net capacity' is between 7 - 11%. New Advanced Format hard drives are supported by Microsoft Windows Vista and Windows 7. Mac users with OS X Tiger, Leopard and Snow Leopard are also ready for the new technology. During installation, no special precautions are necessary. Windows XP users should either put the pin 7-8 or use the WD Align software before installing. The same applies if you want an older hard drive to a new hard disk in the Advanced clone format..So I think that once this is done there is now way that you can bring about the change in the environment.

Hey I think that this kind of thing is certainly possible with the Advanced Format which has been developed to be able to work best with the latest operating systems like Windows Vista and Windows 7, as well as Macs Like most new technologies, Advanced Format will not be optimized for those operating systems instead considered "old" as Windows XP. Despite the latter statement may stir up some discussion on this subject, Western Digital has decided to offer software called Align Software, which will enable the unit to work with Advanced Format technology to better under Windows XP. So if you can download the same then I think that the transformation to the other operating system will surely be made possible.