Thread: How to carry out the Technical installation of WD Caviar "Blue"

How to carry out the Technical installation of WD Caviar "Blue"

Hello friends I have got into a real deep trouble since I am not able to get the installation of this WD Caviar "Blue” on my system fully. I brought this hard disk just a couple of days ago and I have come to witness some error whenever I try to install the same by formatting the hard disk with the Windows xp. At the very first instant, I forgot to make the partition on the device and went on to format the hard disk, but latter when I came to know that I forgot the partition so I eventually stopped the format that was going on and latter on started the process again and this time made two partition on the hard disk and went to format the same, but soon as the format was about to complete I got a message saying the “format failed”. I have tried the same multiple times but then also I am getting the same error so can some one help me to know what exactly is the problem.

Re: How to carry out the Technical installation of WD Caviar "Blue"

Hey first of how much disk space are you currently having of your new WD Caviar "Blue” and how much of the partition have you tried creating on the hard disk. I would want to suggest that you must make the partition of the hard disk in a proper and equivalent order because of maximum memory count that is available in this Western Digital hard disk which makes the hard disk hard to resist the operating system that you are trying to upload on that hard disk to make it work correctly. So try out once more time by creating the exact partition and then see what happens,

Hey I even had the same problem with the Western Digital hard disk that I had brought in order to get some more memory space apart from the 320 GB which I was having earlier. When I installed the hard disk and move forward to install the Windows Xp on the system, I also found that there was error coming as soon as the formation about to get over saying the format failed. Later on when I checked with a new disk of the Windows xp from a friend of mine, even on that I came to know that the format would not take full effect, so eventually it was a conclusion that the hard disk is at fault which I replaced went onto to install the Windows Xp smoothly.

Hey dear first make sure that the Windows xp Cd that you are using to carry out the installation of the hard disk is absolutely proper, it can be the Windows XP file in the CD is the one which is corrupted and that is why you are not able to get the installation of the Windows Xp operating system done on your hard disk. You must first carry out the test of the disk with some other system and see if you are able to get the Windows Xp installed on that system, if you are getting it installed then the problem is of the hard disk and if not then the problem is of the hard disk.

Contact the Western Digital support team if after going through all the solutions that have been provided above you are not able to get the hard disk successfully formatted with the Windows Xp operating system. They might even provide you with some tools to find out whether or not the hard disk is at fault. They will even provide you with some suggestion as well that can help you in installing the windows xp on your system if there is something other kind of steps that are there to carry on the installation.

Contact the Western Digital support team if after going through all the solutions that have been provided above you are not able to get the hard disk successfully formatted with the Windows Xp operating system. They might even provide you with some tools to find out whether or not the hard disk is at fault. They will even provide you with some suggestion as well that can help you in installing the windows xp on your system if there is something other kind of steps that are there to carry on the installation.