Thread: Annoying noise from Caviar Green 1TB hard disk

Annoying noise from Caviar Green 1TB hard disk

I am using Caviar Green 1TB from past 6 months. From two days I am having very strange problem. well I am having very weird noise from as soon as hard disk is started. This particular sound stops as soon as I access the data on the hard disk or run defragmentation program on the system of mine. Whenever noise occurs activity light of the hard disk seems to be turn off. Well I really don’t know why this happening and also how to troubleshoot the same. Let me know if anyone having the same problem similar to me and also solution for the same. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Annoying noise from Caviar Green 1TB hard disk

Well looking at the matter which you have provided I suspect that this problem is occurring due to firmware issue. I recommend that you should run Hard Drive Diagnostic software and see what it detects on the computer of mine. You can download this particular software from the internet for free. You can also get paid such kind of software from the third party developer and use them. I am hoping that it will help you to find out the root cause of the problem.

I think I know that what you should do to solve this particular problem. Well I think you should properly defragment the hard disk and also use the same according to thermal specification. Everyone knows very well that the overheating the most dangerous enemy of all kind of electronics. If overheating occurs on your hard disk then it might cause the mechanical failure of the hard disk. So work around on the situation accordingly. Wish you all the best.

You have not told me that what kind of noises are you getting form the hard disk of yours. Well we know very well that any hard disk makes sound when it is performing its normal function of accessing data on it. There is couple of kind of noises which states that there is an issue with hard disk or symptoms of the failure of the device. As far as I know loud clicking or squealing is a sign of the mechanical abnormality in your device. Also first time you have found the sound and failure of the entire disk is just matter of hours or months. So you have to work on this situation as far as possible.

If you are Windows XP on the computer of yours then I recommend that you should check the error by using CHKDSK utility by which is occurring on the device of yours. You have to reboot your computer and simply press and hold the Ctrl key from the keyboard. Once your computer is booted into safe mode you have to click on Start button and enter CHKDSK C: /F /R on Run and hit enter from the keyboard. /R option will scan for the bad sector on the hard disk and /F option will fix the error which is detected by the CHKDSK utility.

I recommend that you should take the back up of the data at frequent basis so that whenever you can restore the data on the new hard disk when ever failure of the hard disk occurs. It is the most efficient way to save all the precious information of yours. Well you can get the new hard disk by replacing the problematic hard disk at the official service center of the manufacturer. You can claim for the replacement if you are not having any physical damage on your hard disk. I think it is the most reliable solution for yours.