Thread: Can I use recovery partition as system partition

Can I use recovery partition as system partition

The problem which I am facing is common one but really frustrated with the same. Now the thing here is that I am having a recovery partition on my system and using the same or you can say that it is wasted by the system itself. The problem here is that if I am having 12 GB memory in recovery partition where it is almost is wasted it contains information regarding the recovery partition. Now my query here is that can I use the same as the system partition I mean that can I include the memory in my system is that less amount of memory will wasted. Please help me in this case.

Re: Can I use recovery partition as system partition

If your system partition is not official, it can happen for various reasons , and in this case, the loader simply placed on the active partition.
    • In any case, Windows 7, you can:
    • boot into the recovery environment from the hard drive
    • create a CD containing the recovery environment

This will allow you to return the system to life, even if it does not load. It does not require installation disk operating system, as was the case with Windows Vista. This is a very important development of Windows 7, which should especially please the owners of predefined systems without the installation disk. If before the OEM manufacturers to implement their own solutions to rebuild, but now they can simply add your own user interface to the procedure of reconstruction of images from the Windows RE.

if you need to install the first section, then Recover Windows to first partition only, it Recover Windows to entire HD I do not know, but assuming that the sections are connected will be the one and installed wind. Recover Windows to entire HD with 2 partitions is likely to be created 2 partitions and put wind in the survey. Recover Windows to first partition only be if the second section of important data, they will not be affected. But one thing of which you have to make a note where the data in the first part will be lost.

• Remove the existing hidden partition (as we read here ) and divide the disk as you wish;
    • Install from the distribution or restore from the Recovery CD / DVD Windows on the drive C:
    • Put all the correct drivers, if you can supply, and any program;
    • Install Acronis True Image 2009;
    • Delete the C: drive unnecessary files and folders (if any), do disk defragmentation;
    • Run the Acronis True Image, create a security zone (a place under protected

I am sure that doing the same will definitely help you in your cause and you can then make an appropriate use of it.

It seems to me that you are trying to do a thing which Is hardly possible and only done by the professionals. Now what I want you to do here is that just see whether the recovery partition is having anything else and it is not because the recovery partition is made where the system automatically store data in an emergency. And you can’t use the same with the systems partition. So better be safe and use whatever you have and if you really feel the need of extra memory then you can try and take the portable disk.