Thread: Restarting of 3TB WD My Book

Restarting of 3TB WD My Book

I have just got a new WD My Book 1130 that is of 3TB and have connected it through USB 3.0 involved with the use of Fresco port to the Asrock main board that I am using, and also running the Windows 7 along with 64bit. When I make the use the Windows copy function I am getting the error of the CRC and using the large file in it. This is said to be the ordinary problem, and also I make the use of TeraCopy software in it and it is working out well in it. But the main problem is that after around 20 minutes all my drive are being disconnected and connects one second later and the file transfer is being stopped in it. Please help me out with this issue and also tell the proper solution for it.

Re: Restarting of 3TB WD My Book

It is happening due to the overheating of the system that you are using and also it is that when the system is having the less option of the files in it. When multiple processes are being running in it then it is that, the system gets overheated in it and the system automatically starts to get restart in it. Then for the changes in the setting of the power you have to go to the option of advanced power setting in it, and then in the option of the power setting you have to go to the option of the advanced power settings in it.

And if you are not facing the issue of the overheating then it is that you have make the use of the third party user and see what is the main issue that is being faced by you and then it is that you can just rectify the error that is being faced in the particular part of the system and then just see that whether it is working for you or not. And also see that if any of the files are going on running it continually that may lead for the system to go for the option of the continuous restarting.

You can also try the option of the updating of the Firmware that you are using in it. If the updating of the firmware is being done in it properly, then there will be no issue in it. You can either make the use of the new Firmware in it or you can just make the use of the updates that is made available in the system and can be used for the system that is being used by me. And it happens that if the system is having the lack of the cooling system then it is bound that the system, will be heating down leading to restart of the system.

And if still the issue is prevailing in the system then it is that you have to change the hard drive that you are using in the system and then just make the use of the new hard drive and see that whether it is working out well for you or not. Also it is that you can just add the extra cooling system if the issue of the restart is the heat, or else it can be due to the fault in the hard disk that you are using. I hope that this will help you to solve this issue.