Thread: Data Lifeguard Not working Well in the WD

Data Lifeguard Not working Well in the WD

I have been using the laptop of Compaq since long and also the configuration in that laptop is of 250 GB hard disk and have been using it since 3 yrs. I have performed a lot of the actions and have done a lot of the job by using the laptop. I have went out for a month and have kept the system of the computer off since one month, and when I have started the system I have got the issue of the drives not being recognized in it. I have tried using the option of the Data Lifeguard in it but still the issue is being faced in it. I don’t know what the issue with it is. Please help me out with this and give me the details of the Lifeguard in it.

Re: Data Lifeguard Not working Well in the WD

Western Digital Data Lifeguard Tools is a tool for installing and managing a hard disk and its diagnosis. The software has several tests to ensure the smooth operation of your disk. You can use Windows or DOS software. It working out with the interfaces EIDE / ATA and SATA. It is carrying out the details of drive id, diagnostics and repairs on most WD Data Lifeguard are a program that performs diagnostics hard drive. The use of the utility can help you to execute drive identification, diagnostics and then repairs on a Western Digital FireWire, EIDE, or USB drive.

And also you have to see that, it can provide the reader series and model numbers which you can just use along with the WD and then see that whether the working is going on well or not. Western Digital Data Lifeguard Diagnostic features is said to be used for the Quick Test. The fast test is designed to sharply gather and verify all information that is being contained on the Data Lifeguard disk. The quick test can conclude with a high level of assurance that the reader is lacking fault in a short period of time. For the highest confidence, wide test is being recommended. The Quick Test option may not be available on earlier IDE, SCSI disks and external disks.

For most computers amount the DLGDIAG test takes 30 minutes to an hour to test a hard disk. And more disks will get longer time to test the details of the WD that you wanted in it. And also the performance of the computer also is being affected by the duration of the test that is being done for the solving of the problem. And also it is said to be responding for several minutes before continuing the work in it. This is not being discussed disparaging the test unless you select the function of the repair in it for the shocking sectors when users are detected the details of the Data lifeguard.

And the other option that you can do is try the drive rebooting and then the plugging it back to the system that you are using. his option can be used to erase the operating systems and file systems. The use of the quick erase will write zeros to the last million sectors and the full first ERASE that is being written zeros to the entire diskette and hence because of this the working of the system is also hampered. The results of current tests can be displayed with this function. Test results will be replaced once a new test is started.