Thread: Information about the Seagate Constellation

Information about the Seagate Constellation

I just got an information that Seagate offers the Constellation one designed for continuous operation, 3.5-inch hard disk. The choice of SATA or SAS-interface drive works offered at 7200 rpm and provides up to 2TB capacity. I know its bit older, but I would prefer going for this.!! I want to know some more details about this hard drive. Was sure that you people must be having some information to share with me.!! So I am here, please provide some thorough information about it.

Re: Information about the Seagate Constellation

Seagate provides Constellation with capacities of 500 GB at the 1000 and 2000. For continuous use in servers and storage devices such as NAS -designed 3.5-inch hard drive delivers the manufacturer with either SATA II or SAS-600 interface from a. The SAS Seagate variants equipped with an automatic encryption function. The MTBF of the Constellation specified Seagate with a very high 1.2 million hours. By comparison, the similarly designed desktop hard drive Seagate Barracuda XT is rated at 750,000 hours. Seagate realized the 2 TB capacity in the tested SATA-II variant with four 500-gigabyte magnetic disks. The platters rotate at 7200 rpm. To buffer the data relies on a generously sized Seagate 64MB large cache.

Seagate is in the Constellation in open circuit power consumption of 7.0 watts. In typical queries, the energy requirement increases to 11.2 watts. min for a 7200 rpm and four magnetic disks, these figures in the upper range. This demand, which are designed for continuous operation components take their toll. Seagate Constellation achieved in our tests, the maximum sequential read rate of 141 Mbytes / s. Thus, the disk placed in the top ranks. All drives with 7200 rpm and 500-gigabyte magnetic disks are here on a similar level. Very quick, and from a server to expect hard drive, the access speed. Especially in the full stroke access security, the Constellation of 12.6 ms significantly from the "desktop counterpart".

In reading, writing and copying of files of varying size, the Constellation positioned in the middle. Only when writing long-distance runner, the distance of 62.5 MByte/s from the Barracuda XT (54 MByte/s). Samsung's SpinPoint F3 writes files 77.6 MB/s again but much faster. In the cache-centric application tests in the PC Mark Vantage HDD the other hand, Constellation shines again. Together with the drive Western Digital Caviar Black and Seagate Barracuda XT, the 64 MB cache, have also occupied the top spots in the Constellation.

The Constellation Seagate ES 2 TB convinced with high transfer rates and responsive access times. Because of the high performance that requires server -drive, however, more power and goes to work a little louder than desktop hard drives. Seagate's Constellation ST32000644NS with 2 TB of capacity and SATA II interface, online retailers for around 255 euros available at (as of 11:09:10). This is the hard drive well above the price of Desktop variant Seagate Barracuda XT with 2 terabytes (about 190 euros). ES provides for the Constellation by the design for continuous operation even more data security in servers or NAS devices.