Thread: RAM or processor for speed up the performance

RAM or processor for speed up the performance

I have bought a computer having configuration dual core 2.6 Ghz processor,1 GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Zotak 945 Motherboard, DVD write,19” LCD last month. In initial days my Computer were working very fast .Now my computer performance got degrade compare to new one. Operating System we are using these days are multitasking. Support number of application. I have a confusion as a user that there is always a tradeoff when more application is opened. What is the key factor for speed “RAM or Processor”.

Re: RAM or processor for speed up the performance

It is very difficult to say because it’s all depend on what we are doing. Operating System, We use are of multitasking type means it can open number of application simultaneously. Such as while listening music on media player, you can write the word document. So to run multiple applications simultaneously we need more processing speed. Reason to have high processor is that each application can have decent speed. we need more RAM for more speed. So it is Processor who decides how many applications to be run simulteously.

In my opinion RAM is more important to speed up then Processor. Processor runs software and application. Faster processors allow faster processing and navigation of application. Its assigns decent speed for each application. Whereas, RAM is Random Access Memory. It works on all active application your computer. If you have more RAM then you can pack more data. RAM control you’re browsing on net. RAM is virtual space that is used while program is running.

There is some incorrect information in above reply. I want to add something. Computer speed depend on both RAM and Processor. RAM give workspace for application or program. RAM does not concern with how much application can open or save or edit. It is function of the flash memory to save the data or you can say memory card. RAM is like imaginary place that is used while a program is running. RAM is all about active application. Processor control speed at which data is processed. So both impact

RAM and Processor both are important to speed up the System. Each has its own specialty. RAM assign virtual space to active application only whereas processor allow application program to run at decent speed. Surfing, mailing, facebook, twitter etc. require RAM. If you want to play game then you need more RAM. While, Processor decides speed of application. So both are important.