Thread: How to enable Surround sound on a Realtek ALC892 on Windows 7

How to enable Surround sound on a Realtek ALC892 on Windows 7

Hi all, I am having a difficulty with the ALC892 that is on ASRock mainboard (ASRock 890FX Deluxe4). I obtain just the stereo sounds if I utilize SPDIF connection, in common. My amp displays that is obtaining surround sound just when I utilize Test feature for Windows 7. This test characteristic permits to recognize that formats are hold up by the audio chip. The tests make properly both Dolby Digital as well as DTS. You can discover this test beneath Sounds, Playback Devices; choose Digital Audio, after that "Properties". I am running Windows 7 in my computer. Can you please tell me that what is the problem with that and how that can be removed? I will appreciate each and every reply on this. Thank you so much for the reply in advance.

Re: How to enable Surround sound on a Realtek ALC892 on Windows 7

This is usual. There are just three formats that can be accepted over SPDIF:
    • 2.0 PCM
    • Dolby Digital
    • DTS

For it, audio previously encoded within Dolby/DTS formats be able to passed in the course of the SPDIF connection moreover decoded somewhere else. Un-encoded audio is incomplete to 2.0 uncompressed audio. Therefore, for example, if you try to play game, you would be restricted to 2.0, since you have no method to change 5.1 uncompressed audio signals that PC's normally use to any Dolby otherwise DTS formats. You require a soundcard by means of realtime encoding hold up (Dolby Digital Live otherwise DTS-Connect) to hold encoding process.

My advice to you regarding the Dolby Digital/DTS Encoding is to lower tier ASUS Xonar DS is by far cheapest choice (approximately $50 otherwise so), but just has hold up for DTS. If that is not a difficulty by means of your amp, then this is cheapest alternative obtainable. The mid tier is having the ASUS Xonar D1/DX (Dolby Digital) lying on the HT Omega Striker, that are additional inclusive cards as compared to the afore-mentioned DS, but at a advanced cost. I wish that this post will help you in any manner. Thank you.

I am agreeing the above post but if you move up then you can have the Auzentech Prelude as well as ASUS Xonar D2/D2X. This will come about $120 to $140 or near to this range, while these cards are on actually awful price point these days. Another options that I can suggest you is the top tier. The Auzentech Forte, HT Omega Claro XT/HALO, as well as the ASUS Essence ST/STX, every of these are approaching $180+. As the majority of these cards takes spotlight more for the analog outputs, I would advise either the Striker otherwise D1/DX intended for handling SPDIF, though the low-cost DS is an alternative if you contain DTS hold up.

There may be some problem with the audio driver that is installed in your computer and that is the reason that this is showing you the issues like this. I think that you will have to update the audio drivers in your computer. So search for the updated driver on internet and update that to the latest on out there. I have seen many of the cases like this where updating the driver solves the issue and so I wish that this will do the same for you as well. If that helps you then please post back your reply.