Thread: 160GB Hard drive viewing as 128GB

160GB Hard drive viewing as 128GB

I bought a 160GB of hard disc drive and its manufacture by Western Digital’s and SE Cavier when I installed it to my computer, than my computer say that this HDD is of 128GB hard drive. I am trying to find the solution about my remaining spaces. Where is other 30GB gone? If someone able to provide me solution about it, please sends me the reply I am waiting for the solution which comes to me from your site.

Re: 160GB Hard drive viewing as 128GB

Windows does make out the complete drive space. It shows it in your picture... 149.05GB. And the other 11GB is billed for Windows' use. I thought you didn't make your partition properly when you installed the OS initially. Your main panel is only 128GB. You could try a partition function similar to Partition Magic to renovate the panel. I have not at all used the application before, there may be chance of data failure. I am not sure. somebody a more experienced may require to help you.

It is one of the general problems which know as formatting loss; in computer space is provided by partition table, MBR (master boot record) and boot sectors. You will not get to use of full space of hard drive, same as you can see because of this 250GB of Hard Disc Drive always read as 232GB.it is the loss of mammary space from partitions and formatting. And different between operating system and manufacturer’s definition is 1gig.

It is depend upon computer which is based on two meaning of 1GB that is equal to 1024mega byte. And there is chance to make a mistake by your side during the portioning time. You have to go your BIOS setting and need to check properly your BIOS setting which is made in partitioning. I was also doing the same mistake but when I checked it then I got a solution and I made a proper partitioning now it is working fine. You never get the full capacity of HDD.