Thread: Availability of PCI SATA card in Bangalore

Availability of PCI SATA card in Bangalore

Off late I am in frantic require improving my storage ability and have determined to get myself a 500 GB or 1 TB SATA interior HDD, at present I am having an 80 GB HDD. As my system is very knowledgeable, 8 years old, it does not have SATA connectors and so on. Therefore I have determined to go for PCI SATA controller card. A few queries though!
    1. My PSU is of 360 watts; at present an 80 GB HDD and DVD ROM is connected. Do I require improving it in order to accommodate the SATA HDD?
    2. What are the additional things I may require?

Can anybody let me know the cost of the card in Bangalore? If anybody purchased it, can I have the stores name? I am getting it on EBay for Rs. 480 /- should I go for it!

Re: Availability of PCI SATA card in Bangalore

I have few steps of recommendation for you. so just have a look:
    1. Your PSU will handle it.
    2. You will get the whole thing which you require along with your Hard Disk, I think.
    3. If you will wish to boot through your novel Hard Disk, then you will have to facilitate Boot from PCI device from your BIOS.

I wish this information is useful for you. So just try this and then let me know, this is useful for you or not.

I got my computer a not an IDE to SATA card but PCI to SATA converter card. Discover the picture at its official site. This is because later than a few researches I came to know that IDE to SATA card would consequence in short data transfer pace. And trust me I faced no problems at all installing, configuring and utilizing the similar. Opened my breakfront, joined the card, powered on the system, setup the drivers that came with it, and voila, it’s functioning! No problems by any means. I utilize my old 80 Gb Seagate HDD as a boot drive and not the novel WD one. I utilize it for Storage reasons. Though I advice don’t get yourself WD Green sequence. Its performance is quite sluggish; get yourself a Seagate or any additional non-green WD HDD. Wish this clarifies your doubt.

I as well planning to purchase a 500 GB HDD and my system is very old that is 2005 and does not have SATA port. I had been to SP road, but not any of the sellers told me regarding "PCI to SATA Converter", they asked me to purchase 160 GB IDE hard disk which is maxing obtainable at present. Can you please let me know which seller did you purchase from? I will ensure this weekend. I have an 80 GB internal HD and 300 GB WDP external hard disk both previously occupied so don't wish to purchase another external.

Did you obtain PCI to SATA adapter? My system has Intel chipset 875gvsr motherboard that has no SATA port, currently I am thinking to purchase a SATA HDD and utilize convertor, with the intention that I can utilize similar HDD in future while I upgrade my computer. As well can anybody recommend me whether it is better to acquire novel IDE HDD or go for SATA HDD with PCI to SATA convertor? Please note that novel HDD will be my primary from which I require to boot my system.