Thread: Logitech Z5500 vs. 5.1 Yamaha Receiver/Speakers

Logitech Z5500 vs. 5.1 Yamaha Receiver/Speakers

I wish to get one of those new Creative X-fi Xtreme Music cards. Then for speakers I am choosing whether to acquire an excellent 5.1 computer Speaker system like the Logitech Z5500, or spend the similar wealth on an A/V Receiver. I previously have 5.1 Yamaha speakers in a Box, but presently just utilizing an old Sony reviver. So essentially what will give me the excellent sound quality, anybody have any recommendations? I presently am utilizing a Creative Labs Live 5.1! Do I mislay sound quality because it’s running from the sound card and after that via the receiver?

Re: Logitech Z5500 vs. 5.1 Yamaha Receiver/Speakers

Presently with your sound setup - sound blaster 5.1 digital out- Sony receiver does not mislay any sound excellence. All the sound card is performing is passing via all the sound through digitally to the receiver to do the job of deciphering. So the quality will be with the Sony receiver and lastly the speakers. But keep in mind, sound quality is very individually subjective. In the future if you wish the novel X-Fi card and eventually wish to go with an exterior receiver, then I would advise you get one which has 7 channel or 8 channel straight input as one of the inputs to the receiver thus as you can sprint the analog sig from the card and have it augmented by the receiver Plus simultaneously sprint the digital output from the card to a next input of the receiver as an additional alternative. This way you can have the card perform all the decoding for convinced software and the receiver do the amplifying and additional software you can traverse the sound signal digitally to the receiver for decoding and amplifying.

On the whole you are just running two analog channels from your present sound card to a receiver after that onto a couple of Yamaha speakers. Well, that’s not going to effort for surround sound. If you wish full surround sound abilities with that future X-Fi card which you want to get, then you have two selections. 1. Get a speaker system for instance a Logitech Z-5500 OR 2. Purchase a novel modernized receiver with 7 inch analog and digital inputs and additional speakers to adjoin to your Yamaha speakers that are center, surround sound pair, and powered subwoofer. Which method are you leaning towards, Z-5500 or exterior receiver and speakers? You will probably spend more in the long run for the receiver and speakers combo.

Actually the Yamaha speakers I have do have all 5 speakers and a subwoofer, just that I am just utilizing two of the speakers in Stereo sound at present, because obviously the Sony does not have accurate surround sound. So that is what I was saying it essentially comes down to a nice 5.1 speaker set or a novel receiver. So it would charge about the similar since I previously got the Yamaha 5.1 speakers. If I was going to a Receiver what type of connector should I utilize? What do the z5500s utilize for digital connection?

Since you previously have a 5.1 set of speakers then I would obtain a good receiver. But make certain that it has a 7 or 8 channel analog input choice to it. As for connecting digitally either optical or coaxial? Moreover way would be nice. But, I don’t know what the output connector layouts for the X-Fi would be and if it is something similar to the Audigy 2 zs then digital out is just in coaxial format. So, coming out from the sound card would be digitally through coaxial to the receiver coaxial input. If you obtain a receiver with 7 or 8 channel analog input then you would be able to connect both ways that is analog and digital. The z-5500 has equally optical and coaxial digital inputs together with 7 channel analog and stereo inputs.