Thread: altec lansing vs4121 speakers not working

altec lansing vs4121 speakers not working

I have recently brought Altec VS 4121 speakers at my home. After completing with set up I turn on the speakers I thought I will here great sound but unfortunately there was sound form the down firing of the speakers. Hence there was muffled sound from the speaker. Now tell me any way if you are having with you to find out the root cause of the problem. Is there any fault in the speakers or something like that? If you are having similar problem then please let me know as soon as possible. Any suggestion would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

re: altec lansing vs4121 speakers not working

Well looking at the situation provided I think there might be number of reasons which might be the root cause of the problem. According to me you should check 3.5 mm jack is connected properly or not. I think problem might be occurring due to loose connection between speakers and computer. Let me know how this muffled likes while you listening to it. So just try it and see whether it helps you or not.

I am suggesting some trial and error method to find out the root cause of the problem. Well in this situation I am suggesting you that you should check stereo input plug by disconnecting the same and put them slow and first you have to reach and single channel then try to connect with second channel. In any case if tweeters work then I am sure that it was happening due to fault in to input jack or cable. Another thing you should check that main pin plug of the speakers which is connected to the back side of it. I have seen that it gets bent sometimes which results to lose key frequencies in the playback

I was having humming sound on my speakers and I am suggesting following things which you can use to solve the matter. Well I have found that humming sound is produced due to amplifier or due to preamp section. It is into 1036 which is DC operated tone control. Well I am suggesting you that you should replace POWER AMP IC before replacing 1036. Another thing you should check whether IC is working properly or not. I have also found that this humming sound is produced due to op-amp ICs.

Re: altec lansing vs4121 speakers not working

Well I suspect that this issue might be caused by the sound card which you are having on your motherboard. Have you updated the drivers of the sound card? If your answer is no then I am suggesting you that you should visit the official website of the motherboard manufacturer and download the drivers for the same. Once you have downloaded installed the same and restart your computer and see whether it helps you or not.