Thread: 4gb Flash drive not working in windows 7

4gb Flash drive not working in windows 7

I am having a Acer aspire laptop, this is running with windows 7OS. The machine was working fine till the last date, but there is problem occurred while I was tried to plug my 4GB flash pen drive into the machine. After plug in it flashes a message that the USB device is not detected , but along with this also I checked in the background of the machine and found that many of the instances are running over there. If i tried to disable that one then the machine completely hangs for few minute. What should I do to resolve this problem?

Re: 4gb Flash drive not working in windows 7

Start your machine in safe mode, and plug the USB flash drive, and check whether the same problem is occurring or not. If this also happen there, then be sure that problem in your flash drive. I don’t think so the problem is for the Operating system. So for the flash driver hardware problem I recommend you to try once with the following process. Plug the flash drive and then wait till the device is detected by the windows version. If this detects then be sure that the problem is not in the OS.

I would like to recommend you check the graphics driver status in your machine from device manager. Because though you mentioned that there is a problem with your machine graphical interface. Enter into device manager, and from there open display tab and then right click on the driver name, and first of all check the status of that, if you found any problem. Then go for a simple process this is insert the driver installation disk, and then from the device manager choose windows recommended advanced option, browse and select the driver installation program. Reboot your machine and log into the normal mode. I hope it will surely help you.

Did you check the device driver into the device manager? I recommend you to ping into the device manager and then right click on driver name and then check the driver status. Now from there open the USB mass storage driver tab and right click on it, select online update option, if there is any update version of that driver then download and install that one.