Thread: Canon LaserShot LBP 1120 printer not recognizing in windows 7

Canon LaserShot LBP 1120 printer not recognizing in windows 7

I am using a Dell inspiron laptop, running with windows 7 OS. The machine is specified with Intel dual core processor, along with NVIDIA graphical interface. Along with this I also have a Canon LaserShot LBP 1120 printer, and with this printer I am having a problem in my machine. In the last morning when I was tried to plug the printer via USB cable, there is message flashes into my screen that windows is not able to recognize the printer. Though I am not a technical person, and I am not having any such idea to this type of problems. So I am posting the problem here, is there any one having any information regarding this?

Re: Canon LaserShot LBP 1120 printer not recognizing in windows 7

I think the problem is occurring for the USB port, be sure that the USB port in your machine is working fine. Other try with this process. Ping to the device manager and from the open mass storage tab, click onto the USB driver name and select the update option, choose online option it will collect the information regarding the update version and will direct you to download and install this one. A system reboot is required after install the update version. During this make sure that there is no USB device is plugged with your system.

According to me the problem is completely indicated that there should be any issue with the printer firmware. I was also facing almost similar type of problem. After that I searched solution for USB connectivity, and applied many of them, but did not helped me. After that one of my friend suggest me to go for reload the printer firmware. so I also suggest you to reload the printer firmware, for that open the program and features folder from control panel and then remove the existing one, along with this also remove the other files those are collaborating with the windows log file, now go for fresh installation, don’t plug the printer till the windows will direct you to plug it.

Relevant issue, this is occurring with my newly purchased HP laser jet printer. It is running with windows vista OS. The printer works fine the date with all its functions. But from this morning it starts a problem regarding the detection of printer in my Compaq Presario notebook. Whenever I tried to plug into the machine it takes few time to install the printer hardware driver and after few times it flashes that the printer is not recognized by the machine. I tried by reload the software but this not works. Any other suggestion on this problem? I need the solution very fast.

I would like to recommend you both for update the printer driver version, for that open device manager, open printer tab and right click on it, before that insert driver installation disk into the CD ROM drive. Now after right click on it select advanced recommended option, it will ask you to locate the driver installation program from any location, browse and run the installation process. Wait till the process completes. Now reboot your machine and now try to plug the printer with your machine. I hope this time the problem will not be occurs. Along with this also be sure that the printer plug and the port of your system are working fine, enter into device manager and from there look for the status of them. If you found any problem there then this can only be solved by replace that one.