Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to setup extra joystick on Macbook Pro

Hardware Peripherals

Old 06-02-2011

How to setup extra joystick on Macbook Pro

It would be interested to know that if the Xbox controller which works well in Windows can readily work with mac in usb support. This was a wireless connector. I had tried using my friends by the same is showing no sign of support on the mac. Do I have to download any drivers or the controller is not at all compatible with mac. I think the mac but there is the problem that all the emulators but only with the emulation enhancer or as some have called support game pads. I tried locating some drivers and support for that, but there is nothing I can found. Does anyone has got this worked on Mac.

Old 06-02-2011

Re: How to setup extra joystick on Macbook Pro

The question may be surprising, and the answer as much as it is positive. I found one joystick that I was using with the gaming console. It was not a costly one. But it was poorly designed and too heavy. It belongs to sony and comes with some kind of superiority Dual Shock 2 support. There are ample of next-gen Xbox 360 controller but the issue mostly lies with the driver. The main requirement is the drivers for Mac system and that are too available. This drivers are responsible to manage buttons, levers, and even the force feedback. The panel is still rough, and many improvements are desirable, but the principle is laudable and promising. You can simply look for the joystick which has prover driver support for the macbook.
Old 06-02-2011

If I am right, there are at least two versions of how the controller works from work without drivers on Mac. The one is the XBox HID Driver and the second one is the XBox HID Driver. Since both are released a long time before then there can be some possibilities of crash. For the beginning I will recommend you to go with the HID Driver. After installing the HID 1.3.4 appears that the config panel is quiet supporting the joystick. I found both of my my XBox Controller detected and there is even not a need of reboot. Regarding uninstalling you might need to deal with terminal for that. I tested the same and things work quiet well. Today in the new joystick you might get a ready support for that.
Old 06-02-2011

An XBOX 360 wireless controller for the mac system needs a appropriate driver. By the correct driver you can even use the wireless receiver under Snow Leopard. If you have problems with the driver as controller is not recognized then you can try looking for the most recent driver. If you have a older version in the Terminal then just use the cd command to navigate to the folder where the file 360ControllerInstall.sh is located. For example the command in the terminal can be sudo sh downloads/360ControllerInstall.sh. Hit enter and then it can run the setup. There is some issue related to the old driver. I had also tried uninstalling the old driver but nothing helped out here. But in most case this works.
Old 06-02-2011

Thanks to the USB port suport for the control. This connect the Xbox 360 controller to a Mac system without any issue. Just do not forget to get a matching mac driver for that. The only thing you can do is play with the controller buttons which is allocated on the keyboard or mouse. Most of the time it is not possible to get the exchange keys and even if you try to configure that the gamepad does not work. This only works with those games where you can switch the input method from the menu. Make sure you can go to the keyboard and from the same you can also choose the pad.
Old 06-02-2011

Who wants to connect the controller with a USB cable can do this. The controller will not work, however to be the driver for Mac has not installed. To connect a wireless controller to MAC, you need the to buy a Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver. Buy buying this you can use the Xbox controller on Mac. Sometime you will get a issue of reverse control. For that you will have to setup all the game settings manually. In practice, the d-pad should be based on a particular mechanism, which would be enough to turn it 90 degrees to raise it slightly. This has quiet a better support for the mac system.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , , , , , ,