Thread: Unable to connect to wireless Canon MG8120 Printer using Windows XP

Unable to connect to wireless Canon MG8120 Printer using Windows XP

I purchased a new-fangled Canon MG8120 wireless printer and in favor of several reasons my computer unable notices the printer on the wifi network. I use a Netgear WPN824v3 wireless router and Sony Vaio which is operating with Windows XP is wired toward the router however the printer is wireless. I ran the setup wizard of the printer and I was capable to bond to the wifi network by way of a legal IP address. Furthermore whilst I run the router utilities, I can observe the printer like a "connected device". I have tried all the possible settings I can in Windows XP but none of them worked at all. How can detect the printer? Please advise me.

Re: Unable to connect to wireless Canon MG8120 Printer using Windows XP

First of all I urge you to begin by resetting the router as a result you can have a new set-up. You can after that reconfigures your network, on one occasion you obtain the printer awake and running. Furthermore, I would recommend you to download the suitable drives you require from Canon website. Have you straightly connected the printer to the PC? Every so often those assists make easy driver/software installation.

You may perhaps necessitate installing the printer like a local printer by the use of a TCP/IP port. Ensure that you will need to provide the printer a static DHCP let out from the router in favor of this, if the printer doesn't encompass any hostname. Make sure that all the devices are obatinign the IPs through the DHCP; otherwise some them might still have static IP. Make sure that you have the Network Discovery. Try by disabling or uninstalling the Firewall in your computer.

Initially, provide your network an exclusive SSID. Do not use the routers model or brand name. If you are using router name or some other kind of router name then you might be trying to bond toward your neighbor's router. Furthermore, do not situate your router to the similar SSID that your fellow citizen is utilizing. Moreover configure the "SSID Broadcast" as "enabled". This will assist your PC come across and bolt on to your router's wifi signal. If you have enabled "AP isolation" on your router this will lump printer from a wireless PC and you will not able to use it all. So make sure that you have disabled "AP isolation".

You could do with to “add the printer” option in Start>Printers. One method is to set off into Printers and Faxes and 'Add a printer' selecting 'network' and searching to discover the shared printer. The approach that works superior in favor of me is to Start - Run - \\ipofPrtPC and enter OK. Here "ipofPrtPC" is the IP address of the computer with the printer. You must obtain a window displaying the shares on top of that additional computer; right click on top of the printer moreover pick 'connect.' Several printers are able to connect to a router by the use of a print server.