Thread: Brother MFC 7840W wifi printer is not recognizing in windows vista

Brother MFC 7840W wifi printer is not recognizing in windows vista

I am having a Dell XPS laptop, running with windows vista OS. The machine is specified with 3GB RAM, 456 GB hard drive, along with this Ati radeon graphical interface and the Intel dual core processor. I usually connect my laptop with my wireless network connection in both my office and at my home. There is a wireless printer (Brother MFC 7840W), which is also connect with my machine and print some documents regarding my official and also regarding my study. But ether is a problem in my machine. Sometimes it not detected by my laptop, and also sometimes it detect but not ping any print. I am just bored with this problem. is there any one having any suggestion for this problem. How to overcome from this problem?

Re: Brother MFC 7840W wifi printer is not recognizing in windows vista

I think the wifi router is not working properly, by this the printer is detected by the machine and will allow you to perform any operation so for this type of problem I recommend you to reload the driver application. Download the latest version of network router driver and install it into your machine. Ping to the manufacturer web site and from there downloads the driver program which is compatible with your system specification and also with the operating system version. Try with this; I hope this will somehow help you to resolve the issue.

Is the printer driver is working fine, did you checked this? I had similar issue, and after a deep search I found the problem in my printer driver. So I would like to suggest you to check the status of the drive, though there is connectivity problem, so I think the problem should be this one. Enter into the device manager, and from the printer tab right click on driver name, choose update option. It will direct you for online update, click on it, and wait till it gives you the information of up to date driver version information. Go through this, download and install Beth driver program. I hope by this the problem will be solved.

Similar issue with the wireless printer which is attached with my Acer aspire notebook. Whenever I tried to connect the printer with my machine for print any page, it takes few time to first of all detect the printer, and after detect that one, when I click on print option, this simply flashes that the printer is not detect, after that I checked and yes there is no printer listed on the wireless device list. Can’t understand, it detects but after few while it disconnects automatically. What kind of problem is this? Anyone have any idea on this problem. what should id o to solve this one?

Yes according to me also the problem is for the driver, but this not possible for me to suggest you for which driver this problem is occurring. So I would like to suggest you to download latest version driver for both printer and the wifi router from the respective manufacturer web site and replace with the existing one. I think any one of them is the cause of this problem. One of my friends was also facing similar issue, after that he also was confused about these, then he simply download the latest version of driver for both printer and the wifi router. But after this process if still you are facing similar issue, then I suggest you to consult with the device service engineer. May be there is any hard ware issue in your router or the printer. Try with this, will help you to resolve the issue somehow.