Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2011

Exclamation My External Hard disk can detect in my Xp Sp2 but cannot see in my computer

Hi all,

- I was used my 500gb seagate external harddisk and it was used fine..
- before some days i reformated my computer and install Xp sp2 in my laptop.
- Later i tried to use my hard disk since i have lot of stufs in this,
- but now after i connect it to my computer it detects but i cannot see in my computer.
- tried in my Disk managment also i can't see the ext. hard disk.
- please help me
Old 02-02-2011

Re: My External Hard disk can detect in my Xp Sp2 but cannot see in my computer

It really seems to me that there is some issue with the USB cable or the USB port that you have on your system. I would like you to see for the same at the first place. IN addition to this also make sure that after the fresh installation of Windows XP you have installed all the drivers that are required for the system to run properly. IN my system I had the issue with the Card Reader; I was getting the pop up for the same but cannot see it in My Computer. You can go to Device Manager and then with the Drivers CD in your DVD Drive go to the Universal Serial Bus tab and see if you can see a cross or some yellow mark on it. If you see it there then it will be better if you can just make the installation of the drivers again and then give this a try again.
Old 02-02-2011

Hi Yitzchak,

thnks for ur help.. But i checked with the cable and i checked with another external harddisk in my computer i seems to be working good, but only this seagate ext hard disk is not responding.
i tried with another computer the same prb.
in the disk i can see the power is blinking as soon as i connected and detected in the taskbar but in my computer i cant see the icon.
Please help me i am really need of this data in the disk..
Old 02-02-2011

If it is not detected by the computer then only thing that i can advise you is to format the drive and see whether this is working for same or not. To format the same get into the Computer Management Drives and the format the USB drive that might fix your problem. So if you can then go through the same and see whether this is working with the issue of yours or not.
Old 02-02-2011

Exclamation Re: My External Hard disk can detect in my Xp Sp2 but cannot see in my computer

Hi Howitzer

thnks but i have a lot of information inside the disk but its more important for me.
Also in the disk management i cant see the drive of my external drive.
Is any other way that i can solve this problem please help me..
thnks in advance

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , , , ,