Thread: advice on home networking and network media storage

advice on home networking and network media storage

Hi there,

Ill tell you what I want to do and if somebody could tell me if it is possible that would be super.

I would like to have central storage so I can storage music and movies..prefereable on a router if possible...and I would like to be able to access from any of the laptopsé tvs in the house...There is not an actual old school pc in the house just laptops. We realize that this is gonna probably cost a bit but thats okay to...and is it possible to access the network media from outside the house. For example if I am at a Hotel in Toronto on Business and I want to access my music from my laptop is this possible?

Anything you can suggest would be great thanks

Re: advice on home networking and network media storage

Yes, with the help of QNAP TS-412 NAS server for home use, which is an easy to use networked storage center for the ultimate digital home entertainment experience, you can easily share digital photos, music, and movies/videos, by keeping home computers backed up. You can easily view photos, listen to music, and even watch Full HD 1080p movies on a widescreen TV or projector streamed from the NAS over the network through PS3, Xbox 360, or other network media players. You can share multimedia content with family and friends wherever they are on the Internet by web browsers. iPhone/iPod touch/iPad and Android users can browse shared photos or listen to their music collections anywhere with 3G or Wi-Fi connection by streaming content directly to the device – no sync required. Check more details here.