Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Ubuntu doesn't See My Printer

Hardware Peripherals

Old 30-01-2011

Ubuntu doesn't See My Printer

Recently I am making use of Ubuntu, I am using the printer, but it is that which makes it difficult for me. Indeed when I install the Canon IP 1500 all starts perfectly until Ubuntu offers me to choose my model in a list that I propose. And in that I am not able to see my Canon there appears not. I have the installation CD but I admit to my shame that I cannot use it. If someone could give me a hand, I thank in advance.

Old 30-01-2011

Re: Ubuntu doesn't See My Printer

I am also going through the sam issue but in my case when I installed Virtual Box and then installed Ubuntu 9.04. In Ubuntu I attempted to see my printer. It was not there and Ubuntu was not able to locate it. I was able to obtain on the Internet okay and the browser is working properly. So in this I just want to be able to print from Ubuntu. I detached Ubuntu 9.04 from Virtual Box and installed Ubuntu 9.10 and had the similar results. I am totally beginner along with Linux and feel similar to a fish out of water. I am receiving ready to scrap Virtual Box and forget the whole experiment. Anybody has any ideas why I am not able to see my printer within Ubuntu, I would appreciate hearing from them.
Old 30-01-2011

In order to get free from this I have one suggestion so if you want then you can go for this. In this onething you were able to try is having your printer on before you start your Virtual Box. For what it is meaning, 9.04 were able to see my printer but 9.10 does not no matter what I have attempted in this so far. To my information this is because of the specific version of CUPS utilized in 9.10 (1.4.1) - if it were a number of other versions my printer would be there for me to make use of.
Old 30-01-2011

I am also going through the same issue actually in my case in the previous version of the Ubuntu I do not have any kind of issue but at the time when I have started to make use of the ubuntu 10.10 so in that I am going through this issue. Actually whatever suggestion you have given me over here I have tried this previously. So I just want to ask other if they have proper suggestion regarding this issue then please help us. So that we can take the advantage for this.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , , , ,