Thread: Not showing actual storage size in hard drive partition

Not showing actual storage size in hard drive partition

I am using a Compaq Presario f739Au laptop; it is running with windows vista ultimate OS. The machine is specified with Intel core2 duo processor, along with this AMD graphical interface, 3GB RAM, 320 GB sata hard drive. The problem is that one of the secondary partitions of the hard drive is not showing proper storage space. I am not having such information or any solution for this of problems, what should I do now? How to overcome from the problem? Any input will be appreciated greatly.

Re: Not showing actual storage size in hard drive partition

According to me I recommend you to run the disk cleanup process, for that ping to the system tool under accessories of the start menu and run the process, select that particular partition or select the whole hard drive, start the process, and wait till b the process completes, it will detect the unused and unwanted spaces in your hard drive, and will remove them. I think for some of the software applications the hard drive or the partition of our hard drive, is occupying maximum space then it requires. And by this process, you will gain the extra spaces. Try with this, it will somehow help you.

Active the drive partition which is not getting you correct storage space, because I was also facing similar issue, after that I searched in almost every web site, and I found this solution, I tried with this and the problem sis solved. So I also recommend you to go through this process, it will surely help you. From the control panel, open System and Maintenance tab, under that Administrative Tools, double click on it, at that time might be you require inserting administrative password, inserting and starting the process. Then you will proceed to a pop up window; from there open computer management, now select Disk Management under storage navigation. Right click on the partition, by which you are getting problem and choose active or Mark Partition as Active option, reboot your machine

After applying the above processes, if you are still facing the problem, then I recommend you to format that particular drive, which is creating problem. For that open my computer and right click on the hard drive partition, select format option, but before that restore the data or files those are stored there into a separate place. Don’t check quick format option, run the format process, and wait till the process completes. I had similar issue, after that I also tried by some of the trick but nothing works, and then I did this process. So I hope this will also help you to overcome from the problem.

There are some any third party software applications are available in different web sites, one of them is ccleaner. This is used to back up the system backup file, along with this aslo need to remove the temporary files and also the registry files in windows version. download the latest version of this software application and install into your machine, run the program and from the installation window, locate and click on driver wipe option, select the driver partition or every partitions of the hard drive, and start the wipe process, it will remove the unused spaces ion your drive, which is taken by the software or some of the windows file(s). Try with this, it will surely help you. Because I was also facing similar issue after that I tried to resolve the issue with this application, and this works fine.