Thread: Right Windows Experience Index Score for SSD

Right Windows Experience Index Score for SSD

Recently I have come across the Windows Experience Index which measures the ability of your Pc's hardware as well as software configuration and state this extent like a numeral called a base score. Yesterday I have got the Windows Experience Index Score for my SSD. I have got 7.3 by a way of 3GBs. I want to know is it a good score for my SSD. The model of SSD is Corsair 60GB Force SSD 2.5". This is the first time I am checking my SSD scores so I don’t have any idea about how much should I really need to get. Another thing is how can I increase to 6GB/s? The motherboard which I am currently using is ASUS p7p55d-e.

Re: Right Windows Experience Index Score for SSD

I think that your Windows Experience Index score is slight Low compared to others. It should be in the region of 7.8. I hope that you contain the SF1200 controller for your SSD. Make sure which AHCI driver you are currently using.i think that it ought to be iaSTOR. A Score of 7.3 may perhaps signify that you are still using pcide. If you cover an Intel chipset (Southbridge), you must have utilized the most up-to-date Intel RST driver (version 9.6) and the "F6" driver throughout windows 7 installation.

If you are using the AS SSD, your generally score must be in the order of 470. At what time I foremost installed my Phoenix Pro I did a duplicate from the Intel 80 Gig G2. My score Windows Experience Index score was 7.3 as well as AS SSD on the whole score was very low 231. For thst reason I have Re-installed Windows 7 by the use of Intel ahci driver for the period of the Install and following to install loaded the Intel RST drivers which is of version 9.6. In addition Your SSD will not achieve superior on SATA 6, at present the barely SATA 6 SSD at Newegg is the C300.

All are saying that you should use ACHI driver in order to get better score. Here is a method to install those. To install / verify in support of the AHCI Driver, open the device manager and pick IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers. If it tells "Standard AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA Controller", then it is using MSAHCI driver. If it tells "Intel(R) ICH10R SATA AHCI Controller" then you don’t need to worry about because you are using right driver. Otherwise double click on it and choose the driver tab. Go for update driver there. Select browse> let me pick>Regular AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA Controller designed for MS AHCI.

First of all I need to suggest you that download Intel SSD tool box from the Intel download center. You will get lots of functional capabilities after you download this to your computer. I hope that it is better for your SSD. Furthermore run the System Configuration Tuner. Moreover might want to make certain that you're at present using the AHCI mode. I also jumper to ACHI mode and the Windows Experience Index score immediately jumps from 6.9 to 7.7.