Thread: Dell dimension 9200 psu not working properly

Dell dimension 9200 psu not working properly

I have a dell dimension 9200 and I brought it quite some time ago. Well I have a nvidia 880 GTX card along with it. Well it was specified in the card that the card requires at least 450W of power to function properly. However I noticed that the kit came with a 350W supply and probably that can be the reason why my graphic card is not functioning well. I had to get it replaced recently. So what do you think what should be a proper supply for the whole system. what should I do such that I do not get to see these things again. So suggest me some good solutions.

Re: Dell dimension 9200 psu not working properly

Here the problem is due to the psu that you are saying. Since you are saying that your computer is quite old so as the old progresses of the system the psu gets older. So the potential to deliver the required output power for the entire system is not possible. So it is best advisable to replace it with a good psu or if you don’t want to replace the psu you can probably reduce its stress by reducing the extra case of fans that you are using for the system. So the power that you use for the entire system gets reduced and also the power will be more for the graphic card. I hope you have got the necessary solutions for the problem.

If you ask me I would advise you to get your psu replaced. In your case it looks like your psu has become and there is a need to get it replaced urgently. Well there are lots of good psu’s available in the market. You can go with anyone of them. there are psu from corsair as well as the antec. Both brand names are well known for their psu. So you can select anyone of them. If you need some good models for the psu then I can suggest Antec NEO ECO 400C 400W as among the best of the lot. Even the Corsair 430CX is also quite impressive. Anyways I have given you the options now its upon you to select any of them. So I hope you have got the necessary solutions.

Well the graphic card that you have suggested does require such powers and hence it needs the suggested amount of power to operate it. However the point to be noted here is that it is not the psu that can be blamed every time for the failure in the graphic card. There can be various possibilities with which the functioning of the graphic card can get affected. A 350W system can also supply power to the graphic card provided you must get rid of all the waste hardware’s that you are not using. However you have got the card replaced and also doing an upgrade of your power supply is not a bad idea. So do upgrade it with the good psu.

Hey thanks for all the suggestions everyone. Well let me tell you I have understood what you all are exactly trying to say. I am looking for a good psu and probably my choice would be the one from antec. The Antec NEO ECO 400C 400W would be a good option for me. Although I am looking for more such products in the internet and very soon I will be finalizing it. Anyways thanks for your valuable suggestions that you have given in order to solve the issue. Really appreciate your efforts.