Thread: External hard drive is not loading by Asus K8S LA

External hard drive is not loading by Asus K8S LA

I am using a Compaq Presario SR1315CL desktop computer from last 2 years, which I recently upgrade in to windows 7 OS. The machine is specified as 320 GB hard drive, 3GB RAM, Intel dual core processor, along with this Asus K8S LA motherboard. I am having a 1TB external hard drive, the problem with this hard drive, the hardware is not detecting in my machine, where as it was working fine till the last few days. And the problem is start occurring for last two days. I think this is a hardware issue, but I don’t have any kind of information about this type of problem. So I am, here I hope someone will sure help me to overcome from the problem. Any suggestion will be appreciated greatly.

Re: External hard drive is not loading by Asus K8S LA

I would like to suggest you to overcome from the problem by some of the basic tricks, first of all make sure that the hard drive is connected properly with your machine, also if you are connecting the hard drive with the USB cable then be sure that the USB connector is working fine, for that try with another USB hardware device, if this works fine, then it is clear that the connection port is working fine. Along with this last check in to the device manager, where whether the USB mass driver status is ok.

I think the problem is occurring for your machine. There is USB hardware driver is installed in your machine, is this one working fine. For that enter into device manager, look for the USB mass driver application, right click on it and select the update option. Choose online option, this will collect the update driver firmware version, and will direct you to download and install in to your machine, for some of the other third party software application, the driver application may corrupted. Try with this process; you will be able to resolve the issue.

According to me, in many times I found that for missing or corrupted windows log file, other software or hardware driver application program, so for that I recommend you to open start menu and from there lick on windows update option, this will download the up to date windows log file(s) from the official web site and will ask you to install them into your machine. If there is any issue with the USB log file, those are collaborating with windows version, then I am sure by this the problem will be solved.