Thread: Marvell SATA 6 GB port not getting recognized

Marvell SATA 6 GB port not getting recognized

I am having an Asus computer, this is compatible with windows vista OS. The machine is running with other specifications like 3GB Ram, 320 GB hard drive and along with Asus motherboard, where two Marvell ports (6GB/S). The problem is the motherboard is not able to recognize the Marvell port. Whereas the Marvell port is easily recognize the hard drive. The problem is occurred while I was plugged a Blu-Ray drive into one of the Marvell port, what should I do now? Is there anyone having any solution or information regarding this?

Re: Marvell SATA 6 GB port not getting recognized

According to my opinion in some of the similar cases, I found that this is for the BIOS setting, and for that I would like to recommend you to check in the BIOS setting, and look whether the ports are working and connected properly or not. The port connection is support by the BIOS setting of the windows version for that I suggest you to go for the Windows BIOS reset option, enter the BIOS setting window from the start up and click on the reset option, because I was also having similar issue where the two ports are disabled in my windows 7 machine. After that by the suggestion of pone of my friend, I did this, and the problem is solved.

The problem that you mentioned is complete highlights to the hardware issue, for that I recommend you to open the machine hardware parts and form there remove the ports and also try to remove the hard drives, from that port. After a few minute reinsert them into their appropriate place. I had similar issue after that I try with this process, and after that, the machine is able to detect my Marvell port and also the hard drive which was connected with that port. So I also suggest you to go through this, I hope by this you will be able to overcome from the problem.

I think the problem is occurring for the system hardware, for that I would like to recommend you to release the motherboard from your machine and also the hard drive, overclock the motherboard with the new one, because I think the problem is for the motherboard connection, the port is used to connect with the hard drive connection port, so if this one not able to detect by the machine, then this simply detects for the hardware issue, and if you are not able to resolve this issue by yourself, you may follow the manufacturer hardware manual, then there is only one solution for this, contact with the manufacturer technical engineer, they will surely give you some other way to resolve this issue.