Thread: Gateway SX2800 PSU upgrade

Gateway SX2800 PSU upgrade

I am thinking of upgrading my gateway with a new psu. I am currently having a sx2800 gateway and my current psu supplies around 200W to my system. Its been very long since I have upgraded my psu. So I thought it would be best to take the advice from you all. My gateway is slimline type case and I want a good psu that will perfectly suit with the computer and also at the same time delivers power up to 300W. So anyone of you having any information regarding such psu then do let me know.

Re: Gateway SX2800 PSU upgrade

I would advice you to go with this particular product. The product named is SeaSonic USA SS-300TFX. It can deliver maximum power upto 300W and it has all the features that you are looking in a good psu. So my advice would be to go with this particular product. It also comes with a 3 year warranty. However if you want more information about this product then I would recommend you to visit the website and get to know accordingly about the product. So I hope this information was useful for you.

I think you must better go with the KDM MFX9300 300W Active PFC FLEX Power Supply. Since it is known to deliver the performance and also it is known to be compatible with all the major products. I am not quite sure about the compatibility of the seasonic product since it is not known to be much compatible with majority of the systems. So I would advice you to first have a look at the compatibility of the seasonic and then only go with it. So do follow my advice it will definitely help you.

Well let me tell you all that I was on the lookout of the particular psu for my sx2800 but I was unable to find. So what I did was I thought of improving the performance of the psu. So what I did was upgraded my ram to a 8GB ram. Upon that I also did some changes in my gpu and also I brought myself a good cooling stock fan for myself. Well after that I have noticed that my psu delivers a good performance. Since a lot of strain was put on the psu to deliver the power but now after upgrading I have noticed that psu delivers good performance. So you can also try with the above method it will definitely work for you.

I got the appropriate option. Well let me tell you that SeaSonic USA SS-300TFX suites perfectly well with my system and I am very impressed with its performance. So thanks a lot for the suggestions everyone. I think my psu delivers a good performance now. I also did some research In the internet and I came across various other psu’s but none seem to have impressed me. As per your suggestion I checked this particular product out and I was impressed with its features. So I thought of going with this product. Thanks a lot for the efforts that you have given to solve my issue.