Thread: System showing unknown usb detected but nothing is connected in windows vista system

System showing unknown usb detected but nothing is connected in windows vista system

I am facing a very strange problem. So that’s why I have decided to share this with you all. Well what has happened that my taskbar always shows a new hardware found. After that it shows that a unknown usb device is connected to the system and after sometime it disappears. I went to the device manager and I saw a unknown device attached to the usb controller and after sometime i saw that it disappeared. It again came after some time and again disappeared. I think it must be related to the registry but I can’t delete any particular registry. I just upgraded my operating system from windows xp to windows vista. If you have any solutions for this particular problem then do let me know as I am in the need of the solution for this particular problem.

Re: System showing unknown usb detected but nothing is connected in windows vista system

It seems that you must have removed the particular usb device from the system directly rather than removing it by following the steps of removing the usb. There might be a possibility that you might have damaged the chipsets of the particular usb device in this process. If this is the process then I would advise you to do a re installation of the chipsets from the driver or do a re installation of the entire usb driver. I would also advise you to do a upgrade of the latest bios. So do the following changes it will definitely help you. Do let me know if it works for you or not.

Re: System showing unknown usb detected but nothing is connected in windows vista system

Even I am of the same opinion as of the above user. I would advise you to do a re installation of the usb driver that will be much helpful. Just try updating the driver from the windows and check for any generic driver in the website. If you get it there then do download it from there. After the installation of the driver do a restart of the system and check whether your system is working fine or not. So do follow the advice it will definitely help you.

I did try with all the above suggestions specified by you and let me tell you none of them have helped me. I think the problem is not with the usb port because all the other hardware devices are easily connected and detected with the system. So I don’t think the problem is related to the driver. I have tried checking for the updates of my existing system but I am unable to get any of them. so I think none of them have helped me to any such extent. So anyone of you having any idea about the solution for this specific problem then so let me know as soon as possible.

Well if you have tried installing all the drivers for the usb then also if it is not working then it seems to be a hardware related issue. It seems that some of the hardware is interfering in the working of the usb port. So that can also be a possibility. However I would suggest you one method and I cannot tell you that this solution will work perfectly with you. One of my friends also had the same problem and even he was finding some unknown device connected to the usb port. So what he did was he removed the battery from the laptop and waited for some time and then he again switched on the laptop and then started the system and it worked out for him. It was his inbuilt camera that was interfering with the working of the usb. So do try this method it can be a possibility that your case will also be somewhat similar. So do let me know if it works or not.