Thread: Has anyone tested Antec HCG Power Supply 520W?

Has anyone tested Antec HCG Power Supply 520W?

I am looking out for the Power Supply and I am basically looking for the 500W. I would be using the graphic card (not consuming high power). I need graphic card just to play some games that too not highly graphic games that are being released nowadays. Along with that I would be using some applications like Maya 3D Animation and other Animation applications. That's it. So i think that its best for me to go with Antec HCG Power Supply 520W. According to me its enough (500 W) for my usage. But I am not having much idea about that power supply, so thought to take some advice from you members. Also I want to ask that has anyone tested Antec HCG Power Supply 520W from your side. If tested, then please provide some information here. It would be very useful for me.

Re: Has anyone tested Antec HCG Power Supply 520W?

I think that is good option for you. Talking about that power supply, it supplies high current 550 Watt Antec Gamer with the 80 Plus Bronze certification and is therefore at 20%, 50% and 100% load efficiency of 82%, 85% and 82%. In the predominantly black box held in the main data in three languages are printed. The adapter case has been coated with matt black fine-textured finish. was mounted under the fan grill in the middle of a capital "A" for Antec, sits a 135mm fan. A cable management is not available. The power supply has a single powerful 12V rail with a maximum of 40 amps (480W) can be loaded. Other features include four silver screws, a power supply bag of black cloth, a sheet in eight languages. The detailed manual is provided on the website in the appropriate section available. The guarantee period is 3 years. The power supply has a total depth of 160mm.

The power supply is cooled by a 135mm fan of the company Adda is temperature control. Also known as ADN512MB-A90. Unfortunately, the editors found no accurate data on the fan. Antec even gives up on a graphic on the box to the following values:
    • 10% load = 11 dB (A)
    • 50% load = 14 dB (A)
    • 100% load = 30 dB (A)
    The fan could be heard easily at full load. With an overload of 22% (total 636W), the fan is clearly audible. For fan volume is to be noted that it is as difficult for all fans with temperature control to quantify the effective volume of the "normal operation", at least without elaborate measurement techniques in air-conditioned and soundproof rooms.

I have provided an image, so that you can get an idea about connectors and cables. All cables are neatly wrapped and designed to be sufficiently long. The ATX cable has a length of 54cm, the 20 +4 pin ATX connector guarantees a certain backward compatibility. Undressing the Molex connectors are not available. The power supply is equipped with a PCI-E cable that terminates in two 6 +2- pin connector. Permanently mounted cable:
    • An ATX / BTX connector (20 +4 Pin)
    • A cable with a P8 (P4 + P4) connector (EPS/ATX12V Main Board)
    • A cable with two 6 +2- pin PEG connector (Graphics)
    • Two cables with three 5-pin connector (SATA)
    • A cable with three 4-pin 5.25 "plug (drives, HDD)
    • A cable with three 4-pin 5.25 "plug (drives, HDD) and a 4-pin 3.5" connector (drives)

Furthermore, the efficiency of the power supply was tested. According to Intel specifications should be allowed to ATX2.0 power supplies under typical load about 70% and expect more. Power supplies with the 80-Plus seal, at 20, 50 and 100 percent utilization efficiencies greater than or equal to 80%. I have measured the power consumption at low load (low, 60W), with an average load of 300-350W under full load and now also in stand-by and unencumbered. The diagram also the power factor, the ratio between input active and apparent power is given. Ideally, this (like efficiency) 1 or be 100%. Power supplies with active PFC usually reach nearly 100% in the power factor. The efficiency of a PSU with 80 + bronze certification in a very good range. In this instance it would have been enough for a 80 + Silver certification. The force turns out to donors in both the stand-by mode and in operating loadless very sparingly.

The Antec Power Supply High Current Gamer 520W with the model number HCG-520 offers just as the power supply, TP-550W from the True Power series all the necessities a modern power supply, but with no cable management, 30 watts of power is less and three Molex and SATA plug less. In addition, the source of power for its facilities in the price is very cheap. The built-in 135mm fan was at full load in a clearly visible, whereas at 22% load (636W), but clearly audible, as far as to judge without complex measurement methods only with the hearing. Processing was carried out cleanly. To supply includes four silver screws, a power supply bag of black cloth, a sheet in eight languages and a power cord. The guarantee period is 3 years. Missing, the editor of the action levels of built-in protection circuits and the undressing of the Molex connectors.