Thread: Is it possible to have two Raid 0 at same time ?

Is it possible to have two Raid 0 at same time ?

My system has 4 SATA II drives. I have configured them up to have two 2disk raid0 drives at the one time. I cannot get the second array to show up when I see in the "my computer" Is it possible to have 2 variant raid0 arrays at the one time. I wish for one hard drive to be my boot drive and the other for central storage of videos, data etc. I have got the Asus Motherboard . Why is not windows recognizing those Raid 0 disk ? What could have gone wrong? Please help me as I am very frustrated ?

Re: Is it possible to have two Raid 0 at same time ?

Have you created a partition in your hard disk ? They will not turn up and will not be able to view and you can test them unless you create a partition in the system . They must be on dissimilar controllers or on a single controller that permits s multiple RAIDs. Well it can be done but what ever you have tried here to do I will not recommend you to so , or I simple terms it is not advisable.

You will not be able to view drives under "my computer" no matter what your hard disks are unless you partition and format, and place them to active, and allocate them a drive letter in disk management, below computer management. The part covering the Intel ICH10 controller that has 6 black pins in it and the part covering the Marvel 9128 controller that has 2 gray ports in it To control the volumes one time created, right click on My Computer, choose Manage / Disk Management.

No I have not partitioned them since I cannot form out a method to do it. Any ideas you can give will be great. I will have to test and observe if my controller permits numerous raids. My system has the intel ichr10do/pch. The cause I made a raid0 for storage is for the reason that I am a not a technician and did not recognize any improved. What would you recommend in this I am a bit confused please guide me on this topic ?