Thread: Core 2 Quad Q8300 temprature too high

Core 2 Quad Q8300 temprature too high

I have a intel core 2 quad q8300 not overclocked because I can not, stock very clean, paste granules of metal are very good , what happens, until now I had never checked the temperature, however yesterday I look and I got that in full load the temperature is fixed between 80 and 85 degrees, if I touch the heat sink its very hot, you can not keep your hands on it, yet it is not overclocked, everything is as specific, something bad happens if the temperatures are to these values, or can I ignore?

Re: Core 2 Quad Q8300 temprature too high

To mount the heatsink on your Intel processor will be better in your case, i would also suggest you calculating the tropical temperatures this time of year, as values are not overly worrisome. Certainly it would be better to mount another cooler, just to be sure that it does not gets over heated in future. there are a number of other brands available. Try to look at brands such as Thermaltake or Noctua.

That stock is a bit of intel disgusting to say the truth. If you want to change the heat sink (recommended) tries to document a bit. I can recommend arctic freezer 7 pro rev 2 (300 $) if you do not want to spend a digit, you can also try the Scythe Mugen (60 $) or the Noctua NH-U12P SE2 (65 $), as paste the arctic cooling mx-3 whcih is very good (20 $), but there are also more economical.

So thanks for all your answers, hardware monitor checks the time with this so-called chip that I do not really know what it is. Thus, by changing the BIOS settings, obviously I can not put full load to do the test, however, the case is open, so no air flow and heat trapped inside is nice fresh pasta, it I put a little 'can not tell you the precise dimensions, such as the diameter of the screws for attaching the hdd to be clear, I put in the middle of the procedure, I tried to push it over the fan, because I can not keep my hands on As metal is hot, but there is no gain, the tempratures are ALMOST the same.