Thread: UPS not able to provide enough power to the modem

UPS not able to provide enough power to the modem

Hello friends I live in an area where there is a constant power cut and we don’t know when is the power going to be cut off. I have to perform my office task from my home and that is why to avoid the power cut I have brought this new UPS that will provide enough power even when the power is cut off. But even when the power goes of and the UPS takes the effect of the power, the UPS is not able to handle the modem for more than 50 seconds. I have brought iball 621v, UPS and the UPS is up and in a working condition and my modem Beetel 550TC1. So can any one suggest that what is wrong, am I using wrong UPS or that the UPS does not handles the power that are required to run the modem.

Re: UPS not able to provide enough power to the modem

Usually any UPS is capable to handle the power that is required by the modem so, I think that the either the UPS that you have brought might be surely having some trouble and that is why you are not able to get the modem to run successfully , I think that you should change your UPS and see if it solves your problem , I hope that you will surely be able to get rid of this as my friend also had the same problem and have been able to solve by replacing it.

It works wonder for me as I am also using the UPS to connect to the modem so that there is no loss of connection even when the power is cut off, I have been able to use the beetel 100cx modem that my service provider has provide to me and I think that it could be possible that your modem might be having a bit extra voltage consumption that is why you are not able to use the modem with the USP and your USP is not able to withstand the power that is required by the modem which is why you USP doesn’t work for more than 50 seconds.

Get your USP checked by some one and if you want you can even replace the battery of the USP that you are currently using, I think that it has to be the problem of the USP and can only be solved if you connect some other modem of either your friend or if someone in your family is having and see that if it helps you to where is the problem actually lies. Also, if you want you can even use a inverter that will surely help you to perform your work even with power supply off.