Thread: Which is better 140mm Fan or 120mm Fan

Which is better 140mm Fan or 120mm Fan

I am looking to purchase 2 140mm Fan and 3 120mm Fan. But I am puzzled while it comes to “Air Flow: 44.71 CFM” but what does this indicate? While purchasing a novel fan I wish to the final air flow and the greatest fan I do not care regarding sound. I as well require a red led fan. Can some assist choose the fan? As well I am thinking of purchasing Corsair Hydro H70 High Performance CPU Water Cooler I observe this arrives with 2 fans I am speculating if there is any additional fan which I can purchase like a 2 red led fans for the Corsair Hydro H70 High recital CPU Water Cooler do you assume I should improve Corsair Hydro H70 High recital CPU Water Cooler fans with led one? The case which I am utilizing is Lian Li PC-V2120.

Re: Which is better 140mm Fan or 120mm Fan

Outcome, there is CFM is the air flow in cubic feet per minute at the fans rated pace. Just put, the maximum CFM the additional air which arrives via the fan. Remember some fans thrust air out in every direction as the air exceeds through the fan and I am conscious of some fans which blow the air in a straight way as it leaves the fan. I have all the time seemed for a high CFM and a moderate to short db. If you are utilizing a fan for cooling a red then you as well need to remember the air force.

Here I am also want to say something about this. I have some scythe fans. They sound like vacuum cleaners at complete tire, but they do shove countless air. I changed them with Thermalright ty-140's because the sound was driving me nuts. Definitely obtain a fan manager if you plan on those super high CFM fans. I utilize the lamptron fanatic. So just try this, I wish this will useful for you.

I think I might not obtain that fan afterward. I might after that go with this Enermax 140mm Apollish Vegas Case Fan physical Speed or Light Control 7 form LED RED : UCAPV14A-R but I am puzzled as Air Flow 43.4 ~ 91.8 CFM? As well demonstrate this Enermax 120mm Apollish Vegas Case Fan physical Speed or Light Control 7 Mode LED RED: UCAPV12A-R. I am puzzled as Air Flow 34.3 ~ 85.6 CFM? Can some make clear why these are not one speed in its place they appear to differ a few bit.

Truthfully I have seemed into fans sometimes and there are a vast number of them. You require focusing on the CFM and db level of your selection. Look at the specs and interpret what is required. How do you wish to manage them and with what if at all? This all requires to be known to truly discover the fans you require. If you have heat problems, cosmetics should be the final on the list and the further way around if you have a cool box and seem to spruce up the box. So in its place of speeding up know what you wish first after that seems for it. Honestly pursue is semi of the fun. Don't vend yourself short on the chase you tend to learn many from it. I occur to know there is a 120mm X 35MM fan which is approaching 110 CMF it is the Scythe SY1225SL12SH "Slipstream and there is as well the Scythe DFS123821-3000 "ULTRA KAZE" 120 X 40 mm. The next fan is a bit noisy but if you utilize a fan controller you could obtain that down some in sound but still have a fine CFM. But there do not arrive in LED setup.

Those are all stumpy quality fans. The Slipstream is only garbage, the motor is intended for 80mm fans so it is not extended existed and the cheap cover bearings utilized on both of those fans is no assist. Sleeve bearings execute extra noisily and progress fewer airs, while gusting up or down, they don't last nearly as long as additional bearing kinds, they become noisy over time because of oil defeat and heat tolerances are inferior. Both of those fans as well have wretched static force so they cannot conquer air resistance for the life of them, making them awful options for heat sinks and warmers. A 3000 RPM Ultra Kaze has less static force than a 120mm x 25mm Cooler Master Blade Master fan rated for 2000 RPM.