Thread: Homegroup Install Printer button does not work

Homegroup Install Printer button does not work

I have a home network setup with three computers all having windows 7 as their operating system. However I was trying to find the printer In the internet. So my computer does show a printer In the network but while pressing the printer button it does not do anything. I want to click the printer button to see if the command reaches the computer but it does not happen. I wait for some time thinking that it will take some time to reach the command but at the end it disappoints me. So do you have any idea why is this happening then do let me know.

Re: Homegroup Install Printer button does not work

Well you must follow these steps in order to automatically connect the printer in the home group.
    1) First go to the control panel and from there type home group.
    2) Click on the install printer and click on the box which is next to the printer and save the necessary changes.
    3) Now you should be able to connect to the homegroup shared printer.
    4) Now if the icon appears then you must be able to connect it accordingly.
    So ensure this steps are taken care of before you connect the printer.

If you ask me I would like to know whether you have an updated driver for the printer. In order to know that you can go to the control panel and then click on the printers and devices from there select the printer that you are using. Right click on it and select the check for updates. If there is any driver for the printer then do a necessary update for the driver. So do the necessary updates and let me know if it works or not.

Well i would advice you to use the homegroup troubleshooter and solve the issue manually or allow the system to do the repairing work accordingly. You can go to the search box and type troubleshooting. In the left pane then you can click on the view all and then select homegroup. Well if you are having the administrator settings the system will automatically report the problem to you and will solve it accordingly. So try with this necessary suggestion it will help you.

Well if you are working with the printer and also In the shared environment then do ensure that you do all the settings manually. First you check that particular printer in the shared environment is on or not. Also install the printer in the homegroup while installing the printer or adding the printer do ensure that you install the printers driver also. Upon that check whether your host computer is connected properly. So do these try this steps it will definitely help you.