Thread: HAF-X vs. 800D vs. 700D

HAF-X vs. 800D vs. 700D

I am constructing myself a novel friend and have pretty much the whole thing selected out. I just require a moment to save the dough. But, I will be water cooling this novel rig so with that in mind, I have a query. Which do you think would be the most excellent in general case for me to depart with? I seemed at the HAF-X, 700D, and the 800D. I know the 800d and 700d are pretty alike but I discover myself liking the 700D, it’s sleeker, but do any of these cases have benefit over another?

Re: HAF-X vs. 800D vs. 700D

The 800D is only concerning the finest it gets while water-cooling at the 200 to 300 price point. There are additional cases to choose from but I just tend to fall towards the naive design of it. The airflow in the 800D is not awful as I utilize to inactive 5c over ambient while I was air cooling. Load not at all went over 50c. If you’re water-cooling the whole thing in the future, walk off for the 800D.

I have reviewed both the HAF X and 700D and for I own the 800D, devoid of a doubt, if you are water-cooling as you declare, go with the 800D. It is got the hot swap coves and windowed side board which they cut out of the 700D. You will have to toggle out every stock fan, as they are terrible. And flip around the rear wear out to make it an intake. For a firmly airflow case, the HAF X did not shove as much air as I thinking it would. Acquiring the CM MegaFlow Red LED 200mm fans for the side panel and pinnacle exhaust eases that to a degree. So one time again, 800D for water-cooling and HAF X with CM MegaFlow Red LED 200mm for air-cooling.

Based on what you will be water cooling. If you will be utilizing manifold radiators, the Silverstone TJ07 is the method to go. If you won't be water cooling the video cards, you possibly don't wish the Corsair cases. The Cooler Master ATCS 840 is cheaper than all of the scheduled cases, all aluminum and it is an improved case for water cooling than the Obsidian series and it has improved airflow. There are fewer limitations with a top radiator, more space for thicker rads or thicker fans or coverings. You can as well add a second 250mm radiator simply to the back of the HDD cage with no mods. Adding a next rad to the Obsidian cases would need de-riveting the base HDD cage, cutting up the case inserting airing, adding the builds up for the warmer and if possible a dust filter. Many work for something which should be a default choice at those prices.

Only a few things:
    1. You cannot place a 360 in the pinnacle of any of those cases with no modification.
    2. There is barely any limit in the top of Obsidian, mainly as it pertains to rad size. I have a RX360, one of the thickest rads out there, in the pinnacle of mine with fans in shove or pull
    3. Adding a next warmer to any of these cases can be accomplished exterior the case, but I do concur that the 800D should have had room for one by default for an interior mount. That did make me type of aggravated.
    4. The 800D is steel so it is an ache to exertion on contrasted to the aluminum cases so anyone who plans on functioning on one wants to take this in to consideration.

If you can discover an 800D or 700D for cheap I would go for it, on the other hand any of the other options here are superior alternatives if you are not going to water cool the GPU's.