Thread: Need to continuously reset network Adapter in windows vista

Need to continuously reset network Adapter in windows vista

I have a windows vista operating system In my computer. Well the problem is that I have to rest my network adapter everytime because it gives a lot of problem in the internet connection. These problem could not be seen while working with the windows xp operating system. I was thinking to switch to the windows 7 but one of my friends said that it is also giving the same problem with the windows 7 as well. So I had to think over my option of switching to the windows 7. Do anyone have any solution for this type of problem? Do let me know if you have any.

Re: Need to continuously reset network Adapter in windows vista

Well looking at the problem it seems that there is some problem with the network adapter driver. Try updating the driver and it may solve your issue. You may get an update from the Microsoft website. So that’s why it is not difficult to get the updates. Other wise you can go to the control panel and go to the network settings and then go to the specific network adapter right click on it and check for the updates. You can update it from there also. So do go ahead and try this solution it will definitely help you.

Well you can definitely try with the network troubleshooter In the windows. Well to get to the troubleshooter try this following steps
    1) Go to the stat button and go to the control panel.
    2) In the search type box click on the adapter.
    3) You will get the network and sharing option. Under that go to the network connections.
    4) If you get a network adapter right click on it and click on the diagnose.
    5) After clicking on that option the troubleshooter will start and it will suggest you some methods to fix the problem. This will definitely help you.
    So do try with this solution and let me know if it works or not.

Well I have some solutions for you. Well what you can do is to follow this steps.
    1) Go to the start menu and it type cmd to open the command prompt.
    2) In the command prompt you have to right click on it and run it as the administrator.
    3) You can type the following command to do some changes in the WINSOCK entries, IPv4 TCP/IP stack and IPv6 TCP/IP stack that will be st to the default.
    4) netsh winsock reset catalog
    netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log
    netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log
    5) after typing all the commands the do a restart of the computer and see the changes.
    This might work for you.

The other method that you can try is that try setting the factory default setting in the router. Once you have done that follow the given steps
    1) First turn off all the modem,router and computer as well.
    2) Start connecting the modem to the router ‘s wan/ internet port at the same time connect the computer to the router’s LAN port.
    3) Start with the modem and also start with the router as well. Start with the booting of the computer after all the three have started then check whether your issue still exist or not.

Hey thanks a lot for the suggestions that you have given me. Your solutions have really helped me. Well I tried with the installation of the new driver method and let me tell you that installation really solved all my issue. I really did not have any idea that such a simple installation of the driver will help me to such a extent. Anyways thanks a lot for making me remember about the update to the driver. Now my network adapter is really working well.