Thread: Battery life decrease after Android 2.1 update in Xperia X10

Battery life decrease after Android 2.1 update in Xperia X10

Currently, I m facing the problem of battery life in my cell phone in my Xperia x10. I just receive 50% of battery inside my cell phone and just 50 % of battery gets drained out by phone idle as well as standby. This concern is happened when I updated to the Android 2.1 version for the cell phone for the good performance of the cell phone. But it is causing the battery to drain inside my cell phone. It doesn’t even work for 24 hrs when m not using gprs services and the brightness is also low. How to enlarge the battery life will be enormous if anyone can help me out for this post.

Re: Battery life decrease after Android 2.1 update in Xperia X10

With the light data usage as well as no telephone calls or messaging, my battery is at 75% after about three hours! Under Android 1.6, I was able to get through almost an entire day with heavy data usage, including the majority of the wireless functionality (GPS, bluetooth, etc). I'm a long-term Sony "fan" (as we are often referred to), but as a Government worker, I rely on my phone 24/7 as well as since these existing issues are rendering my handset virtually useless, I'm seriously allowing for a switch to an additional device, even if it is from another maker so try to make as less use of the wireless network application in X10.

Are you using an App Killer application for removing the application which are working inside the cell phone. If you are do not using this type application inside the cell phone in the 2.1 then itself manages the whole process. I get two days away of 2.1 where I had to charge each night with 1.6 the make certain it didn't go smooth the next day at work. Now I charge each other nighttime. If you include any application killer then you will require turning it off for a couple of days, seeing if you observe the difference.

I don't exercise any app killer - or even never have. In fact I hardly ever use my wireless even for phone calls. The whole thing is always turned off excluding for wireless to make or accept calls. When I make use of the music player or any course that might continue running in the background, I just restart my phone. I make out about the request manager in 2.1. I make out there occasionally to see what is happening, and it is fundamental Android/SE stuff. Something altered from 1.6 to 2.1 and it wasn't any function that I'm using. I don't participate games, look at videos, and make use of Google maps, GPS or no matter which. Just the same as in 1.6. So my battery life is increase now then to a good level.

I m practicing several battery drain problems. Even if i m not having the PlayNow application still it appears as running in "what has been having the battery" menu. And it remains to 2% but the application using battery time selection keeps on increasing, android core function also shows that time mounting even though my phone is inactive for whole day. In 1 hr I lose about 15% of the battery following it is 100% charged as well as in concerning 10-11 hours i loose the entire battery. I don't know what app is draining out my battery even though the phone is inactive for whole day. No, GPS is set in motion, no wi-fi, no data correlation, brightness is very short, in general my phone settings are completely at negligible settings. Only received & outgoing voice calls service is turn on.