Thread: Linkstation get crashed- now unable to see the Samsung HDD by USB

Linkstation get crashed- now unable to see the Samsung HDD by USB

I have Buffalo Linkstation Drive for last 14 months. So it automatically started crashing a around a week ago. In this the unit would matter error beeps and would have to be left for a number of time previous to the process which could get start again. Regarding this I have checked on many of the website so in last I have find out that this issue is very common. I believe the beeps the unit was pushing out referred to a likely fan failure, but I could be wrong. Buffalo do offer to put back the whole unit in the event of such a failure - but you misplace all your data. This drive was a family network backup drive, and holds everything from the last 5-6 years, photos, videos, music etc. So in lastly I have decided to remove this. But after doing this I am not able to see its contents through Windows Explorer. So please help me.

Re: Linkstation get crashed- now unable to see the Samsung HDD by USB

When I was updating the firmware from to 2.10of my linkstation hs-dhgl, there was a power breakdown. At the present I am not able to reach my linkstation and the error light keeps flashing. (including Beep).The Updater software is not able to see the linkstation any longer? So how can I fix this issue? If you have any suggestion regarding this then please suggest me as soon as it is possible for you guys. I just want to thank you guys in advance.

Related to this issue I want to ask you that; are the error light flashing continually or is there a pattern to it? Depending on what this shows the answer can be one of more than a few things. And also in this you just confirm that all your Firewall And Antivirus Software Is Off. If that does not work so at that time you attempt to straight attach your PC to the unit And put An Static IP On Your PC To 192.168.11.10, the Buffalo unit will default to 192.168.11.150. I think that this will fix your issue.

As you have suggested I have done the similar thing after that I directly linked the link station to my PC, there was link but the error stayed. Anywhere on the different forum I found an item to modify the Boot-file. After that I was able to renew the firmware to version 2.1. At the present the Linkstation works very well again. The only thing is that the linkstation does not recognize the folders any longer, so I had to format the disk and copy al data again (100GB). Thanks for your help.

I am also going through the same situation and regarding this I have decided to remove the internal 320GB HDD, but after removing this I try to plugged into the laptop so it tells me its installed and ready to use. In Device Manager, it’s listed in Disk Drives, as well as the internal HDD in Vaio, but it is not listed in any of the available drives in 'My Computer'. I have no knowledge with SATA drives, having before only dealt with IDE ones. I am sure but perceptibly not entirely certain that the data is still there on the drive - but I just can't see it. In order to fix this issue I need your help guys.